Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2021 Worcestershire

bm dresses don’t fit - do i pay?

Stephh, 3 of June of 2021 at 21:15 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hey all, getting married 14th August this year (hopefully - 3rd times a charm hey?) and so ordered my BM dresses almost a year ago. They’re all in different styles, different dresses and in different shades of pink and it took me ages to get all the colours to work but they did hurray! I had about 15 different options and I have 7 BM so I let them pick their faves out of that bunch - weirdly no one picked the same - and they all seemed happy and they looked lovely on each person!

However, 2 of my bridesmaids no longer fit into their BM dresses. Nobody’s fault, just lockdown weight, circumstances etc. We found new dresses for them both that pretty much go with the others, it’s the best we’re going to find at short notice and don’t cost a fortune. Do you think this is a cost I should cover or they should?
I’m paying for all alterations, hair, makeup. They’ve sort of offered to pay for their new dresses in a roundabout way but I’m yet to see anything hit my account.
Also, I know it’s not about tit for tat but I’m contributed £50 to both of their weddings for makeup/hair which I think is bothering me. Trying not to get caught up in that cycle though!!

2 replies

Latest activity by Marcie, 21 of June of 2021 at 21:27
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    There is no right or wrong answer tbh.
    Due to lockdown postponements my MOH will be 7months preggo on my wedding day and no surprise her dress doesn’t fit. I paid for the original dresses and her new one but she’s paying for the alterations to fit her bump - not planned but we live in different cites and it’s been difficult to get down with lockdowns, families etc.
    I’m also paying for their hair, makeup abs hotel the night before the wedding. It never occurred to me not to pay for the new dress (circumstances change). That being said except for the pregnancy new dress she did the same for me at her wedding.All friendships are different, all pockets aren’t equal- speak to the BMs are see what works for you all. Good luck
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    I think they should be offering to pay for their new dresses

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics