Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs Cee
Beginner

BMF fitness testing anyone been?

Mrs Cee, 28 of July of 2009 at 11:48 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

Its BMF tonight and they are having fitness tests and I just wondered if anyone had been and is it as hardcore as it sounds, its only my 3rd session and I am slightly scared. It will be ok won't it and I won't be broken at the end? ️?️

7 replies

Latest activity by Jennifer, 1 of January of 2024 at 09:38
  • Chicken
    Beginner October 2003
    Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I haven't done one yet. There was a session at our class last night but I bottled it and went for normal training instead. Didn't speak to anyone afterwards to see how they found it but did see them running around a massive field. Lots.

• Mrs Cee
    Beginner
    Mrs Cee ·
    • Hide content

Oh deep joy! The instructors told us that it was a good idea to take part in them because you get to see how your progressing well I can already tell them that I'm a bit crap I don't need to prove it. Oh well we'll see how it goes and I'll report back whether I survive or not!

• Chicken
    Beginner October 2003
    Chicken ·
    • Hide content

You'll be fine. Good luck!

• K
    KJB ·
    • Hide content

I haven't done one yet, but have had a look at the scoring system on their webpage.

I worked out for the 1500m run - which they say for blues should be 7.40min+ that it'd take me about that to do just the 1k so about 11mins to do 1.5k. This is based on a 12 min mile (I'm usually an 11ish minute mile when I jog - I'm a plodder rather than a jogger though, and def not a 'runner')

Although I actually find the first 10 mins the worst when jogging as it takes me this long to get heartbeat/breathing regulated and get a good rythm going. Once I've done the worst, first 10 mins, I can plod along for half an hour with not much extra effort)

• Mrs Cee
    Beginner
    Mrs Cee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You sound abit like me, i can plod along for quite awhile but I am no means fast and I don't think I could manage 1500m in 7.40 eek It also takes me a while to warm up! I might not be alive at the end of it.

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content

I haven't done one either. I want to have a few more normal BMF sessions before I try that.

There is no way I could run 1500 meters yet ?

• Mrs Cee
    Beginner
    Mrs Cee ·
    • Hide content

Well i can run 10km or at least jog 10km so hoping I'll be alright!

Just realised that they run a normal session along side the fitness tests so I will probably do that instead considering its only my 3rd session!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics