Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner October 2016

Bonfire & fireworks?!

Helenheh502, 4 of December of 2014 at 13:29 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi everyone

Does anyone know of any relaxed style venues that would allow fireworks, possibly even a bonfire?

10 replies

Latest activity by Helenheh502, 6 of December of 2014 at 14:59
  • B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Not sure they would allow a bonfire but there are a lot of venues that allow fireworks, what area are you looking at?

• H
    Beginner October 2016
    Helenheh502 ·
    • Hide content

Happy to look quite widely really, Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Derbyshire or even up to Northumberland or Cumbria. I thought a bonfire might be pushing it :-P

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Nice thought though ?

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

You could try Chevin Lodge near Otley. They have quite rural grounds and they do allow fireworks so it's possible they might allow a bonfire.

There must be other hotels that have bonfires of their own!

I know that Adel Church allows bonfire & fireworks as they have their own displays. You can marry at the church (if eligible) and then have the reception in The Stables which is the church hall. That will take a large marquee as well.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Not strictly a bonfire, but if you find a great venue who will allow fireworks, it may be asking whether they'd allow an outdoor fire pit or similar instead. Our venue hire these for example. It could be a nice compromise, if needed?

There are also open fire ones

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

Kings Croft in Pontefract definitely do fireworks. Don't know about a bonfire, though.

• H
    Beginner October 2016
    Helenheh502 ·
    • Hide content

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions folks. I will definitely look into each of those. I love the fire pit and the open fire too, great alternative :-) I'm not against hiring a teepee like the one in that pic at all, my only worry would be the on-the-day management of suppliers etc, but not impossible I guess.

x

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I photographed a tipi wedding recently and the supplier management on the day seemed quite stress free. The tipi was put up a few days before the wedding, so the couple had access to the venue much earlier than usual!

The only suppliers on the day were me (photographer), mobile bar staff, caterers. It all worked like clockwork. The other advantage was that the couple did not have to clear the tipi that night as it wasn't collected until a couple of days after the wedding. The bride's sister runs a pub and they used the beer garden there.

The tipi had two fire pits and people did marshmallows on them.

• H
    Beginner October 2016
    Helenheh502 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Paula that sounds fab! Maybe I'm just expecting problems where there wouldn't be one! Just need to find a spot for it... X

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We've actually hired the tipis too and so far it's all been stress free (she says with 9 months still to go! Famous last words!?)

Do have a good think about it though & do lots of research into the logistics and practicalities of tipis (& marquees really if it's something you were considering) because costs can easily spiral out of control if you're not familiar with how it all works. Happy to help if I can ?

• H
    Beginner October 2016
    Helenheh502 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sam&Louise, I'd love some tips from someone who is doing it! Where are you pitching your tipi? What sorts of things have you found have gone a bit out of control? We're there lots of unexpected costs? X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics