Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner October 2016

Bonfire night wedding?

Helenheh502, 26 of November of 2014 at 12:16 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi everyone

Being still very indecisive, I am still exploring a whole range of options! One of those is to have a bonfire style wedding - super relaxed, fireworks, good food, toffee apples, maybe even on 5th November itself. I'm wondering what sort of venue would be best, as the traditional country house/stately home I don't think would really work, but I wouldn't really want it to just be at a pub or anything - looking for something a bit more creative! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Even destination wedding?

Helen x

5 replies

Latest activity by AnnaMolly, 27 of November of 2014 at 11:06
  • cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

I totally think you could get away with that theme at a country hotel or house - they're usually the sort of place that has roaring log fires for instance.

But you might try a large country pub with function space, I know you said you weren't mad keen on "just a pub" but there are some really nice ones in the countryside and quite often you also get some accommodation too as they were often old style inns. Or perhaps you might consider a barn wedding if you wanted to go very rustic, and find somewhere you can totally make your own with all the decorations etc.

Wouldn't recommend a marquee in November though for damp/ cold related reasons!

• MrsWarland2b
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsWarland2b ·
    • Hide content

What about an outside space with massive yurts or tipees? then you could have the outside fire and fireworks?

• SaraPoppy
    Dedicated July 2020
    SaraPoppy ·
    • Hide content

Have you considered a barn? We aren't having a bonfire theme but we are having sparklers and toffee apples as favours and this seems to be quite fitting with a barn :-)

• H
    Beginner October 2016
    Helenheh502 ·
    • Hide content

Hi folks

Thanks for the suggestions - I like the idea of a barn or something similar, problem is finding one nearby! I wanted something a bit different I guess. What sort of venues are you all having?

H x

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

I love the firework night idea. It's my favourite time of year so in getting married on Halloween. When we were looking at venues I loved the teepees. Some of them had fire pits in the teepee and the tables were set around them. They were fab. Didn't work out for us in the end but I'd definitely want to go to a wedding like that!

We're getting married in a small(ish) country house now, not as exciting but more practical for us.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics