Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

FutureMrsRon
Beginner February 2012

Boobalicious bridesmaids - flash me some inspiration :-)

FutureMrsRon, 21 of February of 2011 at 10:54 Posted on Planning 0 26

Hello

all 4 of my BMs are much bustier than I am and although I want them to have dresses they love and look great in, I don't my wedding to be about their cleavage!! Have any of you had similar problems? Could you flash me some dress ideas?

Many thanks in advance xxxx

26 replies

Latest activity by fluffymalone, 22 of February of 2011 at 15:38
  • Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I also have some busty ladies - they can get em out all they like at the reception but I am concerned with them covering up in church.

I've ordered one of these to try

I also really love this:

But apparently covering big boobs up can make them look bigger - certainly its' true for me - me in a poloneck = not cool!

Also like this a lot:

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Hi, i have a petite, 5 ft 4 size 10 and a curvy 6 ft size 14 as my bridesmaids! i had told them that i wanted them in the same colour, but not necessarily the same style. however they both chose this Alfred angelo number.

the smaller BM is keeping it as it is while the slightly more fuller figger and busties on has had it taken in all the way down and it has a fishtail and she has had a halterneck added for extra support!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I'd suggest a v neck shape for a bustier lady - they can wear a decent bra with straps underneath that way.

We've gone for these dresses from John Lewis but they also come in floor length, and with a variety of colours.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

What Tricks said! I am a busty lady and anything with a high neck accentuates that. Some v neck dress I find are cut too low, so show off a lot. Strapless dresses can look good on the busty, provided they are not so busty that a strapless bra wouldn't support them!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

You'd be best to go into Debenhams or a high street shop and try dresses on in different styles because they might all suit and prefer different aspects.

The dress cricket bride has flashed would be terrible for me as I hate V necks because I don't like showing any cleveage at all and usually v necks do show something whereas a strapless usually covers me up enough but I then have a problem with support because I hate strapless bras.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

The v shape on the ones from JL isn't that low so no inadvertent flashes!

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

I agree that some v-neck dresses are far too low but some of them - like wrap overs - allow for you to be able to pin or stitch it a little higher so could be altered to suit each bridesmaid. This is what I do when I buy v-neck tops....if I am going out with family for a meal I pin it so it shows off less, and if I am going for a night out with friends I don't pin it! lol

• N
    Beginner August 2011
    Noodle2Be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wore this as a bm for my friend a couple of years ago. I have quite large boobs and this was great and due to the boning inside meant that I didn't have to have a strapless bra. @CB - do you have a link for that dress? It's just the kind of thing I'm after for my bm.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I ordered a strapless bridesmaid dress from the BHS website and it has an in built bra. Was very impressed!

https://www.bhs.com/mall/productpage.cfm/bhsstore/657203/226867

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

?

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids are quite booby (lol) and are wearing this style:

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's gorgeous!!!!! Might get a trial one one for myself ? Where is it from?

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. Not long now until I'll actually be able to flash them wearing the dresses at my wedding ?

They're by Dessy - style 2732 I think.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Didn't anyone read my post in full? ?

I did say in my post that I liked them but they weren't suitable?! Covering big boobs = a bad look and all that!

I said the top one was the one I was going to try?!?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Just to add - currently with my biggest boobed bridesmaid (following the birth of her baba in January) and she said material makes a lot of difference.

For example the one CB had in the more giving material, or a loser chiffon would be good wheras the stronger more sturdy material will lead to boob overflow. She also said the one like Sam Sam suggested would push her boobs up via the straps and out with the tifgher front and make them look awesomely perky - but not so good if you want to minimise boobage. So I guess it's different for each person.

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

My Bridesmaids were both boobier than me and we eneded up with halterneck dresses that had cups fitted, they seemed to work pretty well. That said I did get their dresses made which helpped reduce boobiness.

• A
    Beginner April 2011
    arnold2b ·
    • Hide content

Miy sister is an e cup and you really wouldnt tell in this dress due to the detail and them coming quite high up above their boobies! Its Emma by Ebony Rose

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

My BMs all had big bajongas and wore these beauts from Vivien of Holloway:

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

My BMs boobs are huge (especially compared to mine!) and I know when she shops for outfits, she always tries to dress in a way that plays them down. So I let her pick her dress and she chose this one:

It does a good job of making them look less on show! I've got cups going into my dress to make it look like there is something there!

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wanted this style right from the beginning, I love it but my wedding will be in March and my CBM complained because she'll be 37 and thinks it's too young a look for her!! She loves the Dessy one that was suggested above.

I think I need to take her to some shops to try on some styles, she's flitting from being very accommodating and loving my ideas and saying 'it's your day I'll wear what you put me in' to pulling faces when I show her things and making comments about her ages, doesn't like her legs etc etc. Love her to death but she's my nightmare at the moment lolol

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I am completely pair shaped with small bosoms and ALL of my BM's have slinky figures with large boobs. I'm putting them in these dresses. They are gorgeous, flattering for them all and don't flaunt any cleavage. I never took bra's into consideration, but they all seem really happy with the dresses... although my step-daughters dress won't do up at the moment Smiley sad

• D
    Beginner November 2011
    DTTB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I seen a copy of this on ebay and now cant find it anywhere!!

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

My lil sis is quite blessed in the boobage area and this is the one Kayl has ordered with sis in it, it does need taking in (and up) and she had no bra on but you get the idea.

• You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics