Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

EAC13
Beginner June 2013

Booking a holiday with your married name!

EAC13, 1 May, 2013 at 17:59 Posted on Planning 0 4

How do you go about booking your honeymoon in your married name? We get married in June and going on honeymoon in October. Do I put my details in as my new name and then once I'm married renew my passport and then put passport details into the booking at a later date?

4 replies

Latest activity by kharv, 2 May, 2013 at 10:32
  • BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content

I think you can get you passport changed into your married name up to 3 months in advance of your wedding. There is a form your registrar/vicar has to fill in and the passport isn't valid until the wedding day as far as I know?

Might be worth looking in to but you've got time between your wedding and honeymoon so it probably won't matter if you just add passport details once you've got them after you're married!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Yep, that's correct.

You can change your name on your passport up to 3 months before your wedding. When you send off the form you send in your current passport so you need to make sure you won't need it.

The new passport then becomes valid the day you marry.

This is what I'll be doing. Already booked honeymoon in new name!

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sam12345 ·
    • Hide content

Exactly what MrsH2014 said. We have booked ours as Mr & Mrs. It was a weird and exciting experience!!

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

When booking your honeymoon you shouldn't need any more details other than what names will be in your passports when you travel.

So you would be fine to book it in your married name now and either change your passport before your wedding as other hitchers have said or sort it afterwards as you have plenty of time Smiley smile

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Don't forget, if you do end up changing your passport before the wedding, you can't use it again until after you're married.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics