Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner March 2027 Bedfordshire

Booking a register

Ayla, 10 of January of 2024 at 18:02 Posted on Planning 0 3
So me and my partner have booked our venue, however we still don’t live together and planning on moving in with each by the end of the year.
If we booked our appointment for the register office and then for them to come to the ceremony. Will we still be able to change our address to our new address ?

Not sure if this is possible.

3 replies

Latest activity by Lisa, 15 of January of 2024 at 14:53
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Ayla,
    There’s two parts - booking the registrar that presides over the ceremony and then giving notice to the council.
    For booking the registrar, you can normally do that providing you’re less than 2yrs to your wedding date, and it’s done with the local council of the place you’re getting married e.g. if you live in East London but are getting married in Kent, you book the registrar from the local council in Kent. You don’t need to give notice to book the registrar, you just have to (normally) pay a deposit. So do that asap if you have your venue booked! It’s the giving notice where it matters where/your OH lives. You can’t give notice till it’s less than 12 months till your wedding date (but it has to be more than 30 days) & your address for this one does matter. If you move after giving notice, you normally have to give notice again, I think. You’d give notice to the council area in which you live e.g. East London in the above scenario. If you’re unsure best thing is to ring your local council office, at least up here they were more than happy to help explain everything including what paperwork/info we needed to bring etc. Good Luck!
  • A
    Beginner March 2027 Bedfordshire
    Ayla ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello,

Thank you for this! We got super confused - We live in Hertfordshire and we’ll have to go give our notice to Hertfordshire office however if we move house but still in Hertfordshire would we have to do it all over again?
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    I think it’s fine, but ring the marriage, birth & deaths department of your local council they’ll be able to tell you for sure Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics