Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner June 2016

Booking a registrar - help.

ror100, 7 of August of 2015 at 22:01 Posted on Planning 0 10

Help, we think we might have messed up Smiley sad

Booked our venue back in January for our wedding in June 2016, the venue suggested we book the registrar from January onwards. Now that we have told our friends, several have commented that we should have booked the registrar by now.

We tried calling this evening, but they are closed, and now we face a weekend of worry that we have messed up our wedding day before its anywhere planned.

Do you think we have messed up? The big day is a Friday (albeit half term), and we were hoping for a 2pm ceremony at the venue.

HELP!

10 replies

Latest activity by Jayne E, 11 of August of 2015 at 07:04
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Don't panic.

im sure there is a registrar somewhere for that day and presumably you have the venue all day? So surely a worst case scenario is you adjust timing an hour maybe. I would doubt all the registrars are fully booked. Unless your wedding was valentines day!

give them a ring on Monday morning and try not to give yourself a heart attack over the weekend.

im marrying abroad so have no real knowledge but I'm sure you won't have a problem.

• C
    Beginner May 2016
    claireo1981 ·
    • Hide content

Your venue should have advised you to book the registrar before confirming your booking with them. Our venue actually required us to have made a provisional booking with the registrar (subject to giving notice etc) before they would confirm our booking with them.

However, I don't think you need to panic. It's highly unlikely that there won't be a registrar available for 10 months' time, and as your wedding is a friday not a saturday, I'm sure it will be fine. As the previous poster said, the worst case scenario is that you have to adjust your timings.

good luck x

• R
    Beginner June 2016
    ror100 ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou both for your responses.

As always, things felt better for a good nights sleep. Also excited ourselves today by a trip to Hobbycraft to start making invitations (such sad little things please me).

We have decided that 9am Monday we will call, and see what is available. Meanwhile we are working our our ideal timings, and then reserves.

Photographer decision this evening, met up with our preferred last night, now to choose which 'package'...

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

Hello! Just had to reply as I am nervously waiting until Monday morning to call the registrars to see if they can do our July 2016 wedding! I am surprised that your venue didn't recommend booking the registrar at the same time as the venue though. We are just provisionally holding our date at the mo, really hope the registrar can do it though because now we have finally decided on a date! Good luck Smiley smile

• J
    Beginner June 2016
    Jade8 ·
    • Hide content

It sounds like you are getting married on 3rd June - like me!! We booked our registrar about a month ago and at the stage they were free all day so we got our pick of the choices. Although it's a popular date to get married I can't imagine them being completely booked up this early, like someone else said, the worse case scenario is that you may have to adjust the time slightly. Hope it goes ok!!

• hollyhollytree
    Beginner September 2016
    hollyhollytree ·
    • Hide content

I had exactly the same problem if you read one of my previous threads. My wedding is September 2016 and we weren't told by the venue that we needed to book the registrar so soon in advance.

They only had 11.30 or 15. 30 which would have completely ruined our day and I spent the whole day in tears. But now we're getting a family friend to marry us outside and were just doing the official bit the day before. It will be really special.

Ring them asap tomorrow but don't panic. There is always a way!!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Hope all goes well with a registrar this morning. Good luck. X

• R
    Beginner June 2016
    ror100 ·
    • Hide content

Great news, all booked for 3pm.

Now to wait for the photographer to confirm, then I think thats all the big bits done Smiley smile. Thanks to everybody for calming us down over the weekend.

• hollyhollytree
    Beginner September 2016
    hollyhollytree ·
    • Hide content

Great news Smiley smile xx

• hollyhollytree
    Beginner September 2016
    hollyhollytree ·
    • Hide content

Great news Smiley smile xx

• Jayne E
    VIP