Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2024 Shropshire

Booking caterers without tasting first?

Madison, 5 of August of 2023 at 19:26 Posted on Planning 1 4
Hey all, we’re getting married in August 2024 at a diy venue so needing to book all suppliers ourselves. I feel like we need to tick off the big things like caterers ASAP but the one we’ve been in talks with don’t do tasting until Nov-Mar. I don’t feel particularly worried as they are a recommended supplier of my venue and their insta looks great, but is this fairly normal?

4 replies

Latest activity by Harry, 14 of March of 2024 at 07:58
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi! We’ve booked ours with no tasting, no deposits. No nothing! We went with their reviews and how good their socials looked. If it’s a food truck could you maybe follow it if it is somewhere at an open event? Ours does football grounds and little events so when we are in the area we are going to go taste them but we genuinely aren’t worried either!
  • R
    Beginner August 2023 Norfolk
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    I think it is quite normal, we booked our caterers before a tasting too but was venue recommended and looked good on Insta. I think a lot of companies only seem to offer tastings to booked couples so must be quite common! We booked our wedding with one year to go too so were keen to get all the suppliers booked early on in the planning Smiley smile
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I think you’ll be grand - if it’s a recommended supplier they’ve obviously been impressive in the past.
    As long as you like the food they have as options!

Maybe get in contact with somebody whose used them before maybe from reviews or those who may have got married at your venue before just for a little bit of reassurance?
  • Merikheti567
    Delhi
    Merikheti567 ·
    • Hide content

From what I've seen on here, that's pretty normal. The tasting seems to be more for picking your menu rather than picking a caterer. If they do tastings before booking, there will probably be a charge for it--it's a lot of work!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics