Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ellie
Beginner April 2024 Greater Manchester

Booking Venues and Saving Money!

Ellie, 25 of March of 2022 at 14:40 Posted on Planning 1 3

Hello!

I got engaged two weeks ago, and I've already looked at venues etc just to get a better idea of pricings as I've not been to many weddings myself so I'm very naive to all this. How soon should we book the venue? We are thinking of April 2024.

We are also fairly young, 22 and 25, and I'm still in university myself and we've got a little one on the way so we're not the richest couple around! Is there any tips to saving money or things that we won't need?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies

Latest activity by Zoe, 26 of March of 2022 at 18:00
  • Richard
    Dedicated May 2022 Berkshire
    Richard ·
    • Hide content
    Have a ceremony later in the afternoon so you only have to feed people once

Do a buffet or a bbq rather than formal meal

Limit your numbers and don't be pressured into adding those you wouldn't be happy to pay £xx for eg plus ones you and your other half havent met
    Dont buy things that will only be used once for the wedding. Maybe dry flowers that will last in the house afterwards and create a memory

• T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    Think about a registry office and a village/town hall to save money - all in one venues are a big expense, so worth considering other options . As the previous commenter said, have a later ceremony. We’re getting married at 2pm so that people can have lunch beforehand. Midday ceremonies are such a pain as a guest, and as the hosts you have to feed everyone much more! I’ve been to so many weddings where the cake is forgotten, so if you’re not bothered get rid of it. Or do what we’re doing and serve the cake instead of canapés after the ceremony. Everyone loves a cuppa tea and cake mid-afternoon, right?!
  • Zoe
    Beginner July 2024 Flintshire
    Zoe ·
    • Hide content
    I’m recently engaged also and have booked a venue for July 2024. It seems a lot of venues are already having bookings for 2024 onwards.
    From looking at prices it’ll depend on what style of wedding you want.
    Many of the venues near me (north wales / north west) that were in the style I wanted were between £5-25k depending on packages etc.
    We’ve actually chosen a Jacobean estate as the venue for £4500 and have hired a marquee to use in the walled garden for reception.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics