Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2016

Booking Wedding Dress Shopping Appointments :)

LiverpoolB2B, 27 of February of 2015 at 11:49 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi Ladies,

So I am not finally getting round to booking some appointments to go try on a wedding dress! We've been engaged over a year now and I still haven't tried on a dress!

A date that works my mum and maid of honour (sister) is Easter Friday the 3rd, which is about a month away. Should I make appointments now for the bridal shops I want to go to or is it too soon? Or have I left it too late and these need to be booked in well in advance!! I don't want to start ringing only to be told I can't make appointment 5 weeks in advance, or that I should have made my appointment months ago!

Thanks all x

5 replies

Latest activity by kellytobe81, 27 of February of 2015 at 20:33
  • T
    Beginner August 2015
    this_cat_here ·
    • Hide content

I think book as soon as possible. I had to wait over a month to get a Saturday appointment.

And when I asked in late January, one shop told me the didn't have any Saturday appointments till March and were already ordering dresses for August (I'm getting married Aug 29) so there was nothing they could do for me.

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

Yay for dress shopping! I would have a look at which shops you like and give them a call this week, most places I enquired about were able to offer me up to 8 weeks in advance (I didn't check any further forward). It depends on the shops/area, I know some of the places in London get booked up for months in advance - don't forget they'll have brides booking months in advance for fittings etc too Smiley smile If you try now you should be able to get a better choice of times etc. that suit you. I don't think it's too early at all.

Good luck! Smiley smile

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I'd definitely try to book now - better too early than too late but I booked pretty much all of mine just under a month in advance so I don't think its really too early!

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    AprilBride15 ·
    • Hide content

You need to get in as soon as possible - I initially booked 1 month in advance - and did struggle to get the times I wanted - didn't want to give myself 30 mins in one shop because had to dash to the next and also didn't want a 2 hour gap!

I also found they gave priority to people going back for 2nd views, and of course fittings - so you need to book.

I also found some shops want credit card details just to try on!(No that doesn't include bubbles or anything just as security) - I didn't book these, as I felt it was unnecessary!

Good luck!

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Only one way to find out!

I am also starting my wedding dress shopping around the same time, and I made my appointments about a month ago. A heads up though, at least one of my shops mentioned that they will be closed on Good Friday.

• K
    Beginner August 2015
    kellytobe81 ·
    • Hide content

Ring round a few and get booked in!

I found how people were on the phone was how i was treated in the shop. Some are so pushy and i dont know about you but I wouldnt just buy a dress on impulse.

I booked an appointment with a dress shop called Ava Rose Hamilton and on the phone they actually said I needed to bring my mum/bridesmaids so I could buy it on the day. I cancelled my appointment and bought my dress elsewhere

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics