Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner

Borough of Hounslow

kte2019, 12 of May of 2018 at 10:58 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hello,

I’m after some advice on booking ceremony timings. We want to get married at Chiswick Town Hall which falls under the borough of Hounslow. I called them to book our registrar and they are saying they will only do 11am or 3:30pm, I find this so strange as I would guess these are the least popular times for wedding ceremonies. Has anyone else found this or should I try neighbouring boroughs who hopefully offer better times?

Thanks!

1 replies

Latest activity by kte2019, 12 of May of 2018 at 11:44
  • F
    Beginner November 2018
    Fireworkandfairylightwedding ·
    • Hide content

Is it that they have already booked up the more favourable slots? I know when booking the registrar for our wedding date, we were only given the available slots and not not any that were already booked.

I perosnally wouldn’t be happy with etheir of those timings. 11am seems quite early and wouldn’t leave much getting ready time in the morning or time for guests who need to travel. 3.30 would probably be better but might mean some things feel rushed (maybe you’d have to cut out a drinks reception or shorten the evening do). So, if it’s an option I would defiently try contacting other registrars that might have a better range of times. We opted for 2pm and I perosnally think this is ideal.

• K
    Beginner
    kte2019 ·
    • Hide content

No it wasn't due to availability, they only offer 11am or 3:30pm on Saturdays so moving the date or even the venue within the same borough wouldn't help. Seems very weird as not many people would want either of these. To change the time we will now need to look at neighbouring boroughs which will involve transport and more cost! Very frustrating.

Thanks!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics