Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dana_leigh
Beginner August 2013

Bouncy Castle?

Dana_leigh, 3 April, 2012 at 21:49 Posted on Planning 0 17

Has anyone booked a bouncy castle for their wedding.

I really fancy doing this for the (big) kids and have found a company where its £90 for the day, which actually I didn't think was too bad.

Has anyone done this? Did it go down well?

17 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 18 February, 2013 at 12:51
  • smazzy_smoo
    Beginner June 2014
    smazzy_smoo ·
    • Hide content

I'm trying to persuade my OH that we should have a bouncy castle! I've had a quote off a company for £90 too. We're only having 1 child at our wedding, so it'll mainly be the adults that use it, but I know that mine and OH's friends are all big kids and would love it.

If you think your guests would enjoy it, then go for it!

• Jen_P
    Dedicated August 2013
    Jen_P ·
    • Hide content

I'm having one! Mostly for the big kids Smiley laugh

• UnionJackDream
    Beginner March 2016
    UnionJackDream ·
    • Hide content

We are having one Smiley smile We have lots of children but I am 99% sure that all the adults will be on there, even Grooms mum said she will be on there!!

xxx

• Dana_leigh
    Beginner August 2013
    Dana_leigh ·
    • Hide content

We have about 10 kids but I know the adults will love it too!!! Unless they decide to take beer on it ?

I might have to talk to our hotel about it.....I dont want it in the wedding photos until I want it to be in (if that makes sense) so will have to see where we can put it a bit out of the way....

Luckily my OH seems quite keen and I dont think it will be the most expensive thing we will have

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Bride+ Bridesmaids=great shot

Bride+Groom=Great shot

• Dana_leigh
    Beginner August 2013
    Dana_leigh ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I would deffo have those shots, but not it lurking in the background for all the other shots, so just want it to the side somewhere. Our venue has two greens out the front with a fountain in the middle, so there would be a definite no for me as it would spoil that shot.

There are plenty of grounds to the side so I'm sure we could find somewhere.

I suppose another issue is that the hotel will have random other guests staying....keeping them off it?? ?

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We also really want to have one but not been able to find one that isn't in lurid colours or with freakin scary clowns and stuff all over!

• Dana_leigh
    Beginner August 2013
    Dana_leigh ·
    • Hide content

I found one which was a white and blue castle..looked nice and one which was a specific wedding one, also looked ok. try google wedding bouncy castle hire....that might help?

• H
    Beginner
    HannahV ·
    • Hide content

Hi - bit late to this thread but we're looking to have a bouncy castle and no venues seem to allow it.

Could anyone let me know which venues you've found that do allow it? Thank you!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Ours is a local village hall and it'll be outside, they're okay with us having it.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Which area?

Peter

• H
    Beginner
    HannahV ·
    • Hide content

At this stage - I'd love to know if anywhere allows them! We are Berkshire-based and looking anywhere around Hampshire, Surrey, Oxfordshire - surrounding areas. We are pretty flexible on location if we find the right venue to be honest.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

A bit out of my area Hannah so I can't best advise. The main issue is insurance and some venues will worry about an accident impacting on them as a venue albeit the supplier may be a third party. Why not check with the bouncy castle suppliers in your area and ask where they have been able to set one up for a wedding.....

hth

Peter

• H
    Beginner
    HannahV ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. I have emailed the supplier I was talking to so will see what they say. I'm really struggling with venues at the moment. They're either super expensive or super restrictive! Hopefully will get there in the end Smiley smile

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I have only come across a bouncy castle once and that was at a village hall wedding reception, There seems to be a pattern here, you cant blame venues for not being a fan of the idea.

Advice to other photographers trying to get shots----do not try to take pictures when you are also in the castle, as they go down and you go up!, here I had no choice as the entrance was vey small and I could not get a shot without being in there with them. It was like frank spencer on his first day at work as a wedding photographer.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

We had no children at our wedding but the reception venue happened to have a couple of bouncy castles in the garden (which we could use for free) so I have some fun photographs of me bouncing on them.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I would also suggest that access is restricted until the bride has been in...the floor of the castle can get a little dirty and white dresses and dirt don't always mix.....

Peter

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Thats a problem as she does not want to go in untill later when all the photos are done, bouncing up and down is not good for hair and also getting hot

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics