Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HorseFan
Beginner September 2010

Bouquet / horseshoe?

HorseFan, 31 March, 2010 at 13:56 Posted on Planning 0 8

Seems to be alot on here about flowers today!

I can't decide what I want re flowers/bouquet. I do have a couple of chats booked with local florists this weekend tho. Hoping they can come up with some fabulous idea and i can hand over some cash and leave it all to them (LOL).

In the meantime. What do you all think about carrying a horseshoe? Either with or without a bouquet. Obvioulsy my intention would be to use a shoe from one of my 2 horses. Haven't the foggiest how I would go about getting it tarted up for the day tho - could a florist do this?

8 replies

Latest activity by aecy, 31 March, 2010 at 19:25
  • crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content

I love this idea, found this

The idea of a lucky horseshoe is hardly a new one. Often associated with good luck in Irish folklore, the lucky horseshoe should be carried by a bride on her wedding day. When the bride and groom settle in their new home, the horseshoe should be hung above the entrance door to ensure good luck and to ward off despair. Remember that the horseshoe should have the U facing up to keep the luck from draining out of it.

found this idea too

might need alot of shoes though, lol

• HorseFan
    Beginner September 2010
    HorseFan ·
    • Hide content

Wow thats really pretty!

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely idea!

Depending on how creative you are you could decorate it yourself in keeping with your colour scheme or something... At least you will have 4 attempts from each foot!

I painted one of my connemaras shoes a couple of years ago and it looked great. i just sprayed it black and used white gloss to paint on flowers and write his name...

Maybe you could paint it and write both of your names on it, im sure you will get lots of ideas off the internet, or stick some rhinestones on it!

On the other hand if your not that creative get some images off google that you like and then hand the shoes and images to your florist and see what they can do!

If you decide to do it, flash us a pic Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at this link http://www.hobby-box.co.uk/horseshoes/category.php?ident=8

• crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
  • HorseFan
    Beginner September 2010
    HorseFan ·
    • Hide content

You ladies are brilliant. I am quite friendly with the chap who shoes my horses so i'm going to ask him for a couple spare old shoes and have a go at painting one myself........

If it looks dreadful, i'll let you lot have a good giggle and then order from a website!!

Crafty em - I love that pic you posted of the bunch of horseshoes - presumably for name place settings. Desperatly trying to think how I can incorperate this into my wedding!

• crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Horsefan, they could double up as favours too ? i'd be well chuffed if i got one of them at a wedding.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Yes, you can add flowers easily to horseshoes - fresh flowers can be wired on or artificial flowers can be glued on.

• aecy
    Beginner October 2011
    aecy ·
    • Hide content

How about getting your bm's to carry the shoes instead of mini bouquets?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics