Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner August 2012

Bouquet ideas when I have no hands free?

BatsGirl, 27 July, 2012 at 17:19 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hey,

Found out today that I will well and truly be in crutches on our wedding day. As expected I am severely hacked off but the one thing I'm really stuck with is the bouquet...I will practice on one crutch with an arm through my dad's so I have one hand free but not sure that's sensible.

So, do any of you have an idea of an alternative?

Ideas so far are:

1. tying some kind os string structure between the crutches and securing the bouquet in the middle - it would make it look like it was levitating though
  2. one of those flower ball things then I could hold it round my fingers as I hobble - Having broken a few glasses this week doing this I'm not sure how stable it is or if it would look messy with it flying all over the place
  3. having it tied in some way round my neck - this this would look absurd but it was a suggestion so thought I'd stick it down
  4. not having one..or maybe just decorating the crutches as on BM suggested through her laughter.

I was thinking about a BM carrying it but then they have their own and since you only really carry it up the aisle it kind of defeats the purpose.

Pleas, please give me any ideas you have!

16 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 29 July, 2012 at 17:37
  • MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Could you not have. Large corsage? Or some kind of (I know this sounds mad) but ring flowers. Like. Knuckle duster, but with flowers. Lol. In my head I can picture it, but not describe it well!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Could you get a nice wrist corsage instead of a bouquet? I'm sure if you explained your situation to your florist they might be able to be flexible.

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm, you know I could maybe buy a cheap few rings and glue the bouquet to it? Nothing can go wrong with me + sperglue + fingers :-)

A corsage is for the wrist isn't it? I'm not clued up on these things but if that's it then that might work too. Hmmmm....*thinking*

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Definitely decorate your crutch! I'd be wrapping the entire thing in white tulle at the minimum. Wind a garland around it? How about a trailing bouquet pinned to the top to disguise it a little?

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I just laughed my head off at the levitating bouquet bit! A good idea, but I bet the bouquet would be bobbing up and down, and wobbling this and that way as you walk.

Go for a substantial corsage, once it's on it's on your wrist for as long as you like, and some are gorgeous. A little different too.

I'm sure none of your guests will expect you to carry and bouquet on crutches! You could always decorate them too?! (the crutches, not the guests).

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caraboo ·
    • Hide content

I reckon you should decorate your crutch(es). Definitely, 100%! Shows a touch of humour, too, which I love ?

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

A wrist corsage or a basket of flowers with a large handle to put your arm through

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!! Get them crutches styled!!

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. I just mailed a BM to buy me lads of ribbon and I have foam roses that could be added :-) hadn't crossed my mind to fully decorate them until you said, I was thinking just a few roses attached to it but I can colour coordinate it this way.

Not quite at the laughing stage about it but should be by then!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

You could do floral garlands around your crutches as long as the flowers are small and don't get in the way of you walking OK. Another idea would be a dress corsage that you could pin to one side of the waist or a shoulder corsage which sits on your shoulder and drapes down the front of your dress and down the back getting narrower as it comes down from your shoulder. Wrist corsage on a really sparkly bracelet or one of the new wrist corsages that entwine up your arm. If your dress is strapless, you can also wear the wrist corsages half way up your arm too. Really sorry to hear you'll be on crutches though but hope this gives you a few ideas.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Have you thought about your photos? Could your tog set you up for some so your crutches don't need to be in them? Sitting etc? Maybe you could get a bouquet to hold for these?

I really wouldn't worry about taking anything down the aisle - I'd just decorate your crutches and leave it at that for the ceremony.

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks again everyone. We had a shot at decorating the crutches yesterday and after hobbling around on only one yesterday I decided to finish my first bouquet and if it doesn't work when I practice walking supported by my dad then I will just go without. Decided there are 7 days to go so not to worry!

luckily there is loads of ornate furniture in the venue so I can sit for a lot of photos :-)

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

If your dad has his arm through yours there may be some way he can hold it so it is more between you

• F
    floralexuberance ·
    • Hide content

you can actually get a wrist corsage that attaches onto your arm- it twirls around your arm from the top all the way down to your wrist- It is looks like a piece of jewellery but with flowers attached, it is a brand new item that has been brought out- if you want to pm me i can email you a picture of it. You can only get it from florists though as it is designed for flowers to be attached onto it. Hope that helps

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

Here is a pretty floral idea to go around your wrist...

https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-picture/white-rose-wrist-corsage_2883310.htm

Fran x

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I think something like Fran's suggestion would be lovely. And definitely decorate your crutches!!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I would definitely decorate the crutches with ribbons, flowers, organza...

You could have a wrist corsage for the walk down the aisle and a second bouquet for the photos where you are sitting down.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics