Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2013

Bouquet shapes - confused! Dress flash *

Missusp2b, 18 May, 2012 at 12:23 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hello Hitchers!

I'm getting a bit ahead of myself I know as we still have a little under a year to go until the big day but here goes...

Good news is that I think I have found THE DRESS and am going back to the shop next weekend to show my Mum and my MOH and put a deposit down ? Here it is:

I've been talking to my MOH about flower ideas and she said that I must make sure that the bouquet shape is a suitable for my dress shape. I've got to be honest I hadn't even thought about it!

What shape bouquet would you think goes with this dress? I'm pretty clueless!

15 replies

Latest activity by Missusp2b, 19 May, 2012 at 00:31
  • BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

Firstly that is a stunning dress. Secondly, i dont think you are ahead of yourself as I still have over a year to go and iv paid for my dress and booked a florist.

Normally you would show a picture of your dress to the florist when discussing the bouquet etc. But to be honest I havent ever been asked about a shape of bouquet to go with my dress. But I have been told that a smaller bouquet would suit me as im small so I dont want it to over power me and the dress.

• Autumnroseee
    Dedicated December 2022
    Autumnroseee ·
    • Hide content

TBH looking at the picture I can't think of a bouquet that it wouldn't compliment
    Its lovely Smiley smile x

• **Shelley**
    Beginner October 2012
    **Shelley** ·
    • Hide content

Wow what a dress!! That is BEAUTIFUL!!

Sorry I cant help you on the bouquet although a broach one would look stunning with this!

x

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

It's all about lines. If you want to look long and slinky, have a trailing bouquet; however, if you are short, this will only make you look shorter. Round bouquets will focus attention at your tummy and can look too geometric against a lacy vintage-style dress. Arm-held bouquets (with long stems) are for models only Smiley smile

I don't think you want to cover up that waistband so I'd go for a looser style, maybe hand-tied with complimentary ribbon, in very classic pale colours.

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

I agree with autumnrosee. I can't imagine anyone at your wedding would say 'oh I wouldn't have gone with that bouquet shape!'

Any would look lovely! Its more about the 'theme' than the shape. I wouldn't put a highly modern bouquet with that dress, as it will detract from the lovely dress. Something simple and subtle would look nice.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

It's a beautiful dress with lots of detail so I would say something that's not overly fussy or lots o f different flowers in it. A couple that spring to mind that would suit are an over the arm bouquet, a minimalistic bouquet with geometric shaping, or a very slimline trailing bouquet. Ideas for flowers... orchids, calla lilies, anthurium lilies would all compliment it well. Basically, an elegant, luxurious look as that is the 'look' that your dress is saying.

Here's a few I've done in the past that would go well with your dress:-

All these are artificial but can easily be done in fresh by your florist.

• kookik
    Beginner September 2012
    kookik ·
    • Hide content

No idea about flowers but that is a stunning dress! xxxxxxxxxxx

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    Missusp2b ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your advice! I will definitely take some of the ideas that you have given me and search for some pictures to bring with when I visit some florists.

I'm so pleased that people seem to like the dress. I fell in love with it on the website but as so many people told me that the dress you fall for is never the one you expect to love so I didnt think it would be the one. Am counting down the days until I see it again ?

• Nik_Nak
    Beginner September 2011
    Nik_Nak ·
    • Hide content

Wow, wow, wow!!! It's absolutely STUNNING!!! I think something simple would compliment the dress...

...I love this hydrangea and gypsophila bouquet.

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

Wow! stunning dress. I agree that something simple will be best, you dont want an over fussy bouquet that will hide the details on the dress

• R
    Beginner October 2013
    Rastalovich ·
    • Hide content

I agree with autumnrosee. I can't imagine anyone at your wedding would say 'oh I wouldn't have gone with that bouquet shape!'

• L
    Beginner September 2013
    lakedistrict2013 ·
    • Hide content

Totally beautiful dress! Love it!

You should deff talk to your florist about some ideas - as have to make sure the boquet and other flowers go with your venue and general theme too. :-) What's you colour scheme??

x

• Hypnopoison
    Beginner September 2012
    Hypnopoison ·
    • Hide content

Hello, I think a nice simple hand tied. I think a shower bouquet would over power the dress. Such a lovely dress though. Do you mind me asking who the designer is?

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    Missusp2b ·
    • Hide content

It's a Justin Alexander, totally in love with it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics