Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2014

Bra to wear with mori lee 5103

MP, 23 of February of 2014 at 14:37 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi,

has anyone bought the mori lee 5103 dress?

It looks great and I would like to buy it but I am concerned about the bra.

I believe it would probably require a strapless bra and what about the back?

It looks like the lace will show the bra.

Any ideas?

thank you

7 replies

Latest activity by MP, 23 of February of 2014 at 19:58
  • BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content

Would it be possible to have one sewn in? I'm doing that with my sisters BM dress because of the lace at the back

• Lady V
    Beginner November 2015
    Lady V ·
    • Hide content

I have yet to try on a decent bridal gown that wasn't absolutely fine without a bra because of the internal corseting (and i am 34F so it's not like i don't need the support!). could you perhaps try to find another stockist that has it in the size you would need so you can try it without a bra if you are very concerned?

• Siobhan200286
    Beginner August 2015
    Siobhan200286 ·
    • Hide content

My dress is the Mori Lee 1954, also all lace back. I had a strapless bra on when I chose my dress and it was fully visible. So I'm thinking I will get a stick on or one with a completely clear back. Fortunately I am quite small chested so I don't actually need a lot of support, just something to give me a bit of shape! I have never used the stick on bras but I know a few people who have and who swear by them. So I'm hoping this will be a good option.

The 5103 is beautiful, by the way!

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

This one has a clear back strap, which I doubt you'd see through the lace on the back of your dress:

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product/FFS-P9061/Fashion-Forms-Fashion-Forms-Ultimate-Boost-Strapless-Backless-Bra/?size=&colour=Black

https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_152010108683_-1

• M
    Beginner March 2014
    MC88 ·
    • Hide content

I willl be wearing this dress with this bra:

http://www.bouxavenue.com/clear-back-bra-nude/106014-10nu

after trying a couple of stick on bras without much success.

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

The seamstress in the shop where I got my dress told me that she would sew moulded cups in. It might be worth asking them. The only thing about stick on bras is that they can loose their stickiness if you get hot/ sweaty.

x

• M
    Beginner March 2014
    Miss-november ·
    • Hide content

This is my dress to. My seamstress has recommended an all in one thing from next. It's nude and had low back and clear straps. I can't find the link at the moment. My plan though is not to wear a bra because the dress is structured enough in my opinion.

Em x

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    MP ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all!

I am small busted so I think I would just try the strapless bra with clear back.

I tried the dress in a shop in London and they suggested I could use a strapless bra and wear low at the back, not too sure about it.

I will bring a normal strapless bra and one with clear back for the fitting and see which one is best.

Good luck to everyone for your big day and amazing future!!!

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics