Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner June 2012

Bracelets

Nicalf08, 23 February, 2012 at 12:23 Posted on Planning 0 21

Would it be ott to wear a bracelet on both wrists? I have freakishly long arms for my height and prefer to disguise this somehow especially as my dress is strapless. I was thinking of wearing some sort of double strand pearl one on one side and something much more simple on the other, a bit of silver for example. What is everyone else wearing?

21 replies

Latest activity by Shamy, 24 February, 2012 at 00:47
  • T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

WSS.

• honeysparkle
    Beginner June 2012
    honeysparkle ·
    • Hide content

Have to agree with others sorry but why not a watch and a bracelet? x

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

Tacky? Really? I wouldn't go so far as to say tacky but just thought it would be too much. I'm wondering about a watch, i might get my oh to buy me a nice one as my present.

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't have said tacky either but I think one wrist is more elegant. I am nearly 6ft and have a case of the monkey arms however quite like my long slender arms and don't feel the need to disguise them. I'm wearing a two strand pearl bracelet on my right wrist so that it no other jewellery overshadows my bling rings once I'm wearing them!

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I'm only 5'3" but should have been about 5'9" if it weren't for my curved spine so mine are out of proportion lol. Ok well I'm not a chav so definitely don't want to look like one when I get married so watch and bracelet it is :-D

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't say tacky either. I however do not like the idea! I think a watch and definitely a double strand or pearls or something on the one wrist.

• westlakedesignsbasic
    westlakedesignsbasic ·
    • Hide content

How about something like these

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Personally I wouldn't wear a bracelet on each wrist - I'd think it looked strange rather than tacky

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

Never really thought about it until this thread but isn't wearing a watch on one wrist and a bracelet on the other the same effect as wearing a bracelet on each?

I often wear my chamilia bracelet with my watch which is also charm/bead style.

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't even do the watch and bracelet on two arms, I'd put them both on the same! How about gloves instead?

• teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

So far I'm not planning on wearing any jewellery apart from earrings.

I think it depends on what kind of bracelets you wear. Try some on and take some pics, see if you like how it look.

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't have said tacky, I think you'd have to get the right types of bracelet....but I think this could work.

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

I think when you try it all on with your dress and look in the mirror then you'll know! Although remember what Coco Chanel said...always take off one accessory before leaving the house!

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

It's not 'cricket', no. It would look a little odd to me, although perhaps I mightn't even notice. If I did notice I "tacky" or "chavvy" wouldn't spring to mind though.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't say tacky or Chavy, I think that is a bit harsh, unless you were looking at a couple of blingy cuff bracelets. I think a slim silver chain on one wrist and the 2 rows of pearls on the other would be ok

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't have said tacky or chavy but what about a thicker bracelet on one side as one on each arm would just look odd?

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't even notice if someone had a bracelet on both wrists. I wouldn't wear 2 personally but I wouldn't say tacky at all if the designs were subtle. If it makes you feel more comfortable then why not. x

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

I also think it might look a bit too much if you were going for two large, blingy bracelets. But pearls on one and a more delicate silver one on the other arm could work.

Personally, I'm not so keen on watches being worn with a wedding dress but that is just my own opinion. I'm not a watch wearer really in any case. I don't know why!!

I do however think the watch posted earlier is so pretty!

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

I don't think a bracelet on each wrist would look right and if anything would it not draw more attention to your arms?

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content

Depends on the bracelets in question, but I can't see how a string of pearls and a delicate metallic bracelet (for example) on different arms would be tacky or chav-like.

It's a all a question of balance and symmetry and that's different for everybody. The best way to decide is to try it out and see if you like how it looks on you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics