Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Dedicated September 2021 Essex

Bridal bouquet

Ruth, 1 of December of 2020 at 15:09 Posted on Planning 1 14
Hi all, I've just received my first quote for a bridal bouquet and wondering if you lovely lot can please provide some perspective.

Now, flowers have never been a priority for me but I've just seen a beautiful bunch of faux (silk) flowers with hints of eucalyptus and babies breath that would look fab with my dress. The quote's come back at £148.50 for just my bouquet (I requested a smaller than average one as can't imagine carrying a massive bunch down the aisle!) Does this seem in keeping with any quotes you made have had?
TIA

14 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 8 of December of 2020 at 10:10
  • RomanticBrownStationery29719
    Dedicated
    RomanticBrownStationery29719 ·
    • Hide content
    Hi. Not sure about the price of silk flowers but I can give you a breakdown of what I pay. Flowers weren't our priority either but I wanted local and environmental friendly(nothing flown in etc.) so found a company in the area that grows local and wildflowers. I paid 160 for:

1 Bridal bouquet
    1 bridesmaid bouquet 4 button holes4 hair clips
    I don't think I would have paid 150 for just my bouquet especially if you say yours is small. However I guess as yours is silk so you got to keep it longterm. And by what I read so far silk flowers, if done well, are often more expensive than fresh ones ones.... so might be reasonable but definitely more than I would be willing to spent... then again flowers weren't top of my list. Hope you find what you like in uour budget
  • R
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, that's really helpful. I'm a bit surprised by the price tbh and I'd rather dried flowers so I may keep looking.

Appreciate you putting it into context!
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I’m based in London and getting married in Marylebone (just to provide context). My bridal flowers are costing £220.
    This includes a medium bridal bouquet, 3x bridesmaids bouquet, 2x buttonholes.

Like the person above I’m not really into flowers but I knew I wanted them to be nice.
  • R
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow, that is useful to know! I feel that my quote may be a little too much for me in context. although I appreciate that silk flowers are generally expensive, I'm really not bothered about having them, would rather a beautiful bunch of fresh or dried.

Thank you!
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not a problem- I looked through my other quotes and some of them estimated £150 for bridal bouquet alone.

Interestingly, the overall cost of florals was the same irrespective of the bridal flowers cost. The florist I picked charges more for centrepieces whilst the florists charging more for bridal flowers charged less for other areas.
    Good luck with your decisions
  • ExpensivePinkFlowers63608
    Savvy April 2021 Somerset
    ExpensivePinkFlowers63608 ·
    • Hide content

If you'd rather dried flowers, try here: https://www.artisandriedflowers.co.uk/ It's where all my wedding flowers came from.

• R
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh thank you, great to know. How far in advance did you buy yours?
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well, my wedding was supposed to have been back in April so my flowers were delivered in March so I have them already. But, you just put your dates in and they deliver your flowers four weeks before the wedding.

also, they're very helpful as I wanted to add some larkspur to my bouquet and they did that for me.

• R
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh fantastic, that sounds simple.
    Thanks so much!
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome! Smiley smile

• Charlotte
    Dedicated February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I am also looking at Artisan Dried Flowers so it’s brilliant to read a positive review!
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can definitely recommend! I've had to keep my flowers cool and dark as obvs they're now not being used until next year, and they still look (and smell) good

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

We had a small bouquet for me and a buttonhole for the groom and the cost was £57 for the pair. Locally grown flowers, beautifully fresh and delivered on our wedding morning. I took the bouquet on honeymoon with us, stuck in a jam jar, and it lasted the whole week!

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone come across broach bouquets. I was going through my past weddings to find shots to update my website and came across them again. There was a time around 4 years ago where they were getting quite popular but I haven't seen them now for a few years - they have just disappeared.

In case you don't know what they are, you gather old vintage costume jewellery from Mums Grandmas ect. Mainly I have only see it for the bride.

Bridal bouquet 1

Bridal bouquet 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics