Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2012

Bridal Exit music - Harpist

lbettles, 23 of April of 2012 at 15:13 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi ya,

We are having a civil ceremony in a hotel and have a harpist for the ceremony. I have my entrance music (music from phantom of the opera) sorted but am really struglling for the bridal exit song. I don't particularly want anything too classical or traditional. Any ideas?

x

8 replies

Latest activity by *Funky*, 23 of April of 2012 at 16:46
  • B
    Beginner May 2012
    bethbailey2b ·
    • Hide content

I really struggled with this, as none of the usual ones sounded celebratory enough on the harp! We're having something called the trefforest waltz, a welsh love sound, which is apt as we live pretty much in treforrest.

can you not have a differnt song from phantom?

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content

We're also having a harpist at our civil wedding, our exit music will 'the arrival of the queen of sheba'

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wanted this too! But OH said no he wanted to be boring and traditional and have the regular bridal exit song played in churches

• S
    Beginner November 2012
    Suffolk Bride ·
    • Hide content

This is one i'll be watching closely as i'm looking for exit music on the harp as well!

A couple that have been suggested to us are the Beachboys God only knows which i quite liked and also Coldplay Clocks sounds really good on the harp..

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content

We're trying to come up with other ideas for our harpist to play, that are not typically classical songs. After having a look on youtube my favourites are Yiruma - The river flows in you (one of my favourite songs), florence and the machines - the dog days are over, anything from Adele or Coldplay, The Killers - Mr Brightside and Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire!

Just need to ask her if she can play any of these now! During our wedding breakfast i think it will be nice for her to play some very modern songs as it will get our guests thinking and playing the 'i know this song' game!

• L
    Beginner June 2012
    lbettles ·
    • Hide content

I did want All I ask of You but prefer the music from Music of the Night so am having that for walking down the aisle!

OH loves Lord of the Rings!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I dont know if your Harpist can play modern pop songs but how about Rihanna only girl in the world?? Something like this cover from aston https://astonmusic.bandcamp.com/album/aston

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics