Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

firsttimemum

Bridal Foundation

firsttimemum, 12 January, 2011 at 15:44 Posted on Planning 0 4

As a beauty blogger I try so many different foundations but I am convinced that the best one for the wedding day is Estee Lauder Double Wear It really is long wearing and covers well, I got some for Christmas which reaffirmed my opinion but I have bought it many times before - Estee Lauder do little sample pots (not sure if that is all the time) which I found useful for colour matching/checking. They also do free make overs which I did before my wedding :-)

I have a pic on my blog wearing this foundation - I would love to know if you agree.

I hope that helps someone

4 replies

Latest activity by Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB), 14 January, 2011 at 09:17
  • J
    Beginner June 2011
    junebride2011 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Im really worried about my make up for on the day, I cant afford to get it done by someone else and I never wear make up except for a little foundation was just wanting to buy a good foundation that will last for the day and a nice lip stick, mascara etc any suggestions i will defo try this foundation just dont know where to start.

• Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB)
    Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Double wear foundation is very good foundation but only if you have oily/combination skin or normal skin. If you have dry skin it can tend to be a bit cakey and flakey.

A good waterproof mascara that I use on all my brides is Max Factor Masterpiece. It doesn't go clumpy and stays put through all the tears.

If you want your makeup to stay put and looking fresh all day is too use a good primer. If you have oily skin then YSL Matt Touch primer is very good, for normal skin Laura Mercier Primer and dry skin then Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer.

Lipsticks I have found will always need to be topped up throughout the day. By putting a primer on your lips before putting your lipstick on and using a lip pencil will both help your lipstick stay put and stop it bleeding. As for brands of lipstick I use a range form Dior, MAC, YSL, No7 and found that they are all good. It's getting the clour right with your lipstick.

Hope this helps

Aimee x

• J
    Beginner June 2011
    junebride2011 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Aimee yeah that helps a lot thanks my skin is quite dry so will look for something that suits my skin type better, thanks for all the tips will be going shopping tomorrow so will start having a look around

• AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content

I will be wearing bare minerals foundation - i love it

I get great coverage from it and i dont really feel like I am wearing anything.

The make-up girl that I will be using uses that too lol

• Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB)
    Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Junebride2011,

If you have dry skin then Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foudation is very good. I would also use Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer as a base (beofre your foundation). A loose powder is better to use than a compact powder.

I believe it's best to spend money on good quilty makeup as it lasts better, does as it says. Therefore you tend to use less of it and don't have to top it up. It'll cost more in the outset but lasts alot longer that it evens the cost out to buying cheaper brands.

Aimee x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics