Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilyt
Curious August 2023 Clare

Bridal Jewellery and Hair

Emilyt, 12 of May of 2023 at 21:57 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 7
Hello you lovely lot.

I am getting married in 3 months, and am just looking at buying my jewellery and hair accessories but I am so lost!! There are so many options. I was just wondering what everyone else is doing? Veil + hair accessories? Just veil? Just accessories? Earrings + necklace + bracelet? Or just one of those? I don't wanna look too OTT and like a glitter all but also don't want to be too plain! I sound very neurotic now but my partner has no interest in my conundrum so thought I would ask what everyome else is doing?I would love to see pictures of your ideas. ❤️ Emily

7 replies

Latest activity by Emilyt, 13 of May of 2023 at 10:40
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I had my hair up in a low bun with a beaded hair comb in it (no veil), and then a celtic silver and topaz bracelet. My dress was high necked and didn't really work with a pendant or necklace. I wore my engagement ring on my right hand and moved it over to my left after the ceremony.

I can't find the exact hair comb I had, but this was the Etsy shop that provided mine https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/777388850/bridal-haircomb-wedding-bridal-hair?click_key=c75d3cc1e39bfc0845ad26e4b26ba37dc6970ef1%3A777388850&click_sum=701cd839&ref=shop_home_active_16

The bracelet was vintage, so a one-off and also from an Etsy seller.

• Emilyt
    Emilyt ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oooh thank you. I love that!! I am looking at the Etsy account now! Thank you. I was thinking of a low bun with not much hair coming out, I like the sleek look. Did yours stay in place all day/night or did it start to fall out at all? X
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

I wore sapphire and diamond stud earrings, a matching small pendant necklace, and a thin bracelet. I didn't think it was OTT with all 3 because they weren't big in your face pieces of jewellery. I think you can have multiple delicate pieces or one statement piece.

In my hair I had small paper flower clips from Etsy. I didn't want to go glitzy with my hair accessories because of my jewellery, but felt like my hair needed something.
  • K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

Have you had your hair trial yet? I would recommend waiting until you've had the trial before you buy anything for your hair. You may change your mind at the trial on how to have your hair, so if you buy things beforehand you may waste money. Also My hair stylist actually sold different hair pieces and so I bought something there.
    I am wearing a veil and then I bought a sparkly veil topper to cover the comb which will be pinned in my hair. This is what I bought from my hair stylist at the trial.
    I've done the something old something new etc thing with my jewellery. I'm borrowing diamond earrings from my mum (also old), my new is a simple diamond pendant necklace and something blue is a tiffany bracelet my FH has bought me as a wedding gift. It has a little blue heart on it. On my other wrist I'm wearing a bracelet my FH bought me a few years ago.

• L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    I think (like most things) it’s likely also down to personal preference. I’m not a big one for jewellery. I wear the same earrings everyday, a FitBit and then my engagement ring.
    For the wedding, I have a matching earring and necklace set that are quite dainty, then a small hair vine for my hair. The 3 of them came to less than £100 as I know that whilst I’ll keep them I really don’t change jewellery much. I’ll have my engagement ring temporarily on my right finger and then I’ll switch it back to be with my wedding band, after the ceremony.

You can wear lots more than that if you wanted to, but just personal style and preference, and also dress choice potentially all factor in.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine stayed put all day, including for a long drive to our honeymoon cottage. My hairdresser did put a ton of hairclips in though - I hadn't been able to have a trial due to Covid, so she didn't want to risk not pinning firmly enough and my hair falling down halfway!

• Emilyt
    Emilyt ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awh that is such a sweet idea with the something old etc. I love that!! I might do similar actually!
    I'm not able to have a hair trial. I am getting married back home in Ireland with no time off work beforehand! I am pretty chilled about my hair, I am more panicking about no makeup trial! 🤮 Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics