Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ShropshireLass
Beginner April 2014

Bridal March vs Canon in D

ShropshireLass, 3 of March of 2014 at 13:02 Posted on Planning 0 7

I thought I'd made my mind up about my entrance music but apparently not...

Initailly I said I'd have the traditional 'here comes the bride' as it's a church wedding & for us, it wouldn't be right without 'churchy' music but then thought Canon in D is a bit less full on...not sure how else to word it? I'm not one for attention on me and would prefer a more 'low key' entrance (like that's going to be possible!!) iyswim? Not sure if this is making any sense, sorry!! Anyways, just after some opinions on the two pieces and what others picked and why really!

(Nb..Bridal party are walking down the aisle to Jose Gonzalez, Heartbeats and then that will fade out and organ maestro will begin)

7 replies

Latest activity by ShropshireLass, 3 of March of 2014 at 19:18
  • N
    Beginner October 2014
    Nicola_25 ·
    • Hide content

I am having canon in D, I remember it from father of the bride when I was younger and always said that is my wedding music Smiley smile

• BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having Canon in D for my entrance and we are leaving to The Wedding March.

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Im the same as nicola, I remember it from father of the bride and have always said that would be my wedding music. It also makes me tear up everytime I hear it xx

• I
    Beginner August 2015
    iidami ·
    • Hide content

IF we are having a church wedding (which now seems quite unlikely but still, it's a possibility), we'll be walking out to The Wedding March from "The Sleeping Beauty", op. 22, by Erkki Melartin - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJM2AEd0nYs.

I'd probably walk in to Wedding March by Toivo Kuula, I love how it's so calm and delicate - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p8pv83cr3g.

• FHB
    Beginner March 2014
    FHB ·
    • Hide content

I'm having canon in d just because I find it so relaxing and I'm hoping it will help my nerves. Plus my partner said it was always his dream for his bride to walk down the aisle to that song. No pressure huh! Haha

• Rosco298
    Beginner February 2014
    Rosco298 ·
    • Hide content

I had the traditonal entrance and exit music but had Canon in D to sign the register. I love them all and this way I could have them all.

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

My sister walked down the aisle to a twinkly version of 'here comes the bride' and it was a lot softer and not as full on. Of the two I prefer Canon in D but neither are to my personal taste.

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all replies!

I've found a lovely classical version of Canon in D which made me go all goose pimply!! I'm scrapping the Heartbeats prelude (may still use for signing music) and just having this piece, it's just lovely!! Bought the mp3 version off iTunes so just need to burn to a disc ready for the rehearsal!!

There is a classical version of the Wedding March too, toying with having that played as the recessional music as opposed to having it played on the organ!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics