Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner March 2016

Bridal Outlet Store Bromley

MrsMtobe2016, 2 of March of 2015 at 15:58 Posted on Planning 0 3

I'm considering taking a visit here with my bridesmaids. It's about an hours drive from where I live. So just wanted some idea of what to expect.

would i buy the dress there and then? what about fittings etc? is it a nice experience? Does it feel feel and look cheap?

x

3 replies

Latest activity by ricepudding, 2 of March of 2015 at 22:22
  • S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarahm66 ·
    • Hide content

I visited the outlet store. Personally it wasn't for me but I'll give you my experience which may help you decide.

They don't operate appointment systems. I went on a Saturday and the place was mobbed. Greeted by lovely staff who explained that I needed to pick three dresses and join the queue to try them on (if you want to pick more you rejoin the queue once you have tried on your first three). The changing rooms were very limited and so the queue was about 8-10 people. You come out of the changing room into the main shop to show the people with you the dresses. All of that put me off! On the positive side, they had a huge selection of beautiful dresses and all were either £399 or £499 from what I could see. The other downside was that just looking at the dresses was quite tiring, ie getting them off the rails and holding them up to look.

I am guessing that all wedding outlet shops are like this and I would say that if you are a great sales shopper/bargain hunter then it's for you - sadly not for me. I'd definitely avoid Saturdays if you choose to go. Good luck!

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    S&K2015 ·
    • Hide content

I bought my dress from there the other week, my feeling about the place are mixed. First the good. I cannot fault the girl who was helping me, she was brilliant, attentive helpful and really made me feel at ease. You buy the dress there and then and take it home with you just as you would normal clothes shopping. There is loads of room out the back for trying on and a comfy couch for anyone you have with you. They didn't hurry me at all and were quite happy for me to try on as many dresses as I liked - in fact I didn't try on that many as I found 2 I fell in love with pretty quickly.

The only problem with the place is that because you are buying off the peg, some of the dresses have been tried on a number of times and so 'could' potentially get damaged - same as a sample dress would. So be careful to check the dress before you walk away with it - I didn't! big mistake! In all the excitement I didn't check it until I got home and it was only then I noticed the problem. They we ok for me to change it which was great, but the change wasn't that simple - I live a 3 hour round trip away and although I had told them I was coming in advance they hadn't gotten the dress ready at the shop so I ended up having to wait 2 & 1/2 hours for them to find it and steam it for me. The problem is that any email contact goes to an office, not to the shop.

The prices are what they say they are, there isn't a dress over £500 but to look at the dresses you wouldn't think it they are beautiful.

I went on a weekday and i'm certain that the relaxed experience was due in part to this - its certainly not a place I would visit of a weekend I imagine it would be mobbed!

• F
    Beginner August 2015
    FutureMrsDre ·
    • Hide content

I also bought my dress from the bromley store and I absolutely love it! Even better, it was only £399 and I'd budgeted up to £1000!

I'd visited 3 other 'normal' bridal shops before, but not managed to find anything I loved.

I went on a Sunday morning with my mum and sister and it wasn't overly busy.

As mentioned, you pick 3 dresses to try on at once. The girl who helped me was really nice.

The changing rooms do open up to a sort of communal area, where everyone's friends/family wait. It was actually a really nice atmosphere, because every time a bride came out there were lots of oohs and ahhhs from everyone. I also liked the fact that there were a few people trying on at once as I felt it was less pressurised, it wasn't just all eyes on me in a quiet boutique.

I would definitely recommend it, I think they had quite a wide variety of styles and sizes. I haven't seen anything similar to my dress anywhere else, so I'm really glad I went.

• R
    Beginner September 2015
    ricepudding ·
    • Hide content

I went a few months ago on a Sunday. Was lovely and quiet. The staff were friendly and approachable as others have said. I didn't find what I wanted but it wasn't a big deal and I didn't feel pressured.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics