Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Claire
Beginner May 2025 Norfolk

Bridal party help!

Claire, 17 of October of 2023 at 09:22 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hi I need some serious help! I’ve decided to have no bridesmaids due to several reasons but have decided to have a couple of friends plus both my brothers wives get ready with me the morning of the wedding, now I only really want to pay for myself and my mum to have hair and makeup done but do I still need to offer to book everyone in to have theirs done too or do I leave them to sort theirselves out?
I don’t want to get up super early just to watch people that aren’t bridesmaids getting ready xx

2 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 23 of December of 2023 at 20:45
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If they are not bridesmaids, presumably they are not expecting to need professional standard hair and makeup. If they are the kind of people who do tend to get their hair done professionally, even as guests, then you could offer them the opportunity to book a slot with the people you are using on the basis that they pay for their own. If you go down this route, I would first of all check that the company you are using is happy for you to do this - if it's a one-person business or one with only a couple of staff, there may not be sufficient people to cope with the larger number. If they are able to cope with an extra four people, then I would also consider timings and where you are getting ready. Would there be the option of the hairdressers working in a separate room so that your friends can get their hair done first and then you can get up later to have yours done? If not, then you really need to decide how early you are prepared to get up - it might be better to tell them to get their hair done elsewhere first if they want it done professionally, and to join you later on.

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to.

Have an open chat. Obviously you wanted them there with you, so ask the question if they want their hair and MU done and if they’re able to pay it themselves? Most MUA and Hair is will do bridey towards middle / end anyway so you won’t be sitting around waiting for anybody persay

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics