Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Beginner July 2021 Staffordshire

Bridal Shoes

Kate, 25 of September of 2020 at 08:52 Posted on Planning 0 10
HELP!

I am searching for the perfect shoe - stylish but comfortable. After all we are wearing them all day, with lots of standing and don’t want to stack it down the aisle.
I usually wear a block heel, not the most confident in heels. However I haven’t much experience walking in stilettos as they have always just scared me.
That leads me onto what type of shoe is the most comfortable? Sandals, slip on shoe? Etc ...
My dress is ivory and long which covers my feet and the wedding is during summer. Do you get shoes you will wear again? Can you be controversial? My colour theme is monochrome (black, white, grey/silver) do you splash out on your wedding day? Is it worth it? Or does it really matter if you won’t see them?
I am struggling, so many suggestions.
Also any tips for the day so they don’t hurt so much please let me know!!
Thanks in advance Smiley smile

10 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveGreenDiamonds59574, 30 of September of 2020 at 11:13
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It depends - I know someone who spent over £300 on a pair of shoes for her wedding that she never wore again. I spent £25 on a pair of high-street sandals that I will wear till they fall apart!

I just feel it's poor value for money to spend huge amounts on something that will be used only once. So while I was happy to spend more on wedding items that would have long-term use, I tried to keep the price right down on anything that would only be used once.

If your dress is floor-length, your shoes are hardly going to be seen, so it's probably not worth splashing out huge amounts of money or getting anything too eye-catching (unless you will wear them after the wedding).

If you're not confident walking in heels, I'd suggest your wedding day is not the time to start! At most, I'd get something with a heel only slightly higher than you're used to. Or else practice walking in them lots before the big day. And make sure whatever you buy is comfortable enough to wear when standing for long periods! Personally, even a slight heel gives me backache after half an hour, so my sandals were flat - I didn't want pain to stop me enjoying my day!

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

I have seen that height of the brides shoes is dependant on the height of the groom. I find that brides do not generally want to be taller than the groom - even when they are anyway there is a reluctance to make the difference worseSmiley shame As Rockstar says if you are not used to big heels do not get them for your wedding. So many times once away from the guests and just with me -- "Bill my shoes are killing me, got to take em off"

Remember that usually the fit of your your dress length is done to suit your shoe height. A lot of my brides have a separate pair of more comfortable shoes to change into- even converse once the main photos have been done.

• Theworldaccordingtocatie
    Beginner October 2020 Isle of Anglesey
    Theworldaccordingtocatie ·
    • Hide content
    If you love a block heel, have a look at Rainbow Club shows! I got mine from there, very Cinderella vibe, block heel and cushioned tow soooo comfy! And under £100! Wearable again if I really wanted too Smiley smile
  • Paige
    Beginner March 2021 Shropshire
    Paige ·
    • Hide content

I personally splashed out on some Charlotte Mills bridal shoes after having no luck on the high street, but I chose a style that I could definitely wear again for special occasions and in a mid (block) heel height so I know they're comfortable enough to want to wear them again to make the investment worthwhile!

It's absolutely up to you and what you feel most comfortable in. ASOS had some nice options and I know Rainbow Club ones are popular Smiley smile

• S
    Curious October 2020
    SunnyRedDecor92142 ·
    • Hide content
    I much prefer block heels too so that's what I went for. I also went for open toed sandals as I find them more comfortable as sometimes my feet feel too squished in closed toe shoes. I think the heel is about 3 1/2 inches which I'm fine with and didn't want to go any more than that. Go with what you can comfortably walk in. I've been wearing mine about the house every now and then too to try and get more used to them.
    I've got a pair of converse to change into at night when my feet have had enough of heels. Everyone I spoke to recommended a change of shoes for at night.
  • Luke
    Beginner September 2020 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Luke ·
    • Hide content
    ?????
  • Luke
    Luke ·
    • Hide content
    Hi I am omxs
  • Kate
    Beginner July 2021 Staffordshire
    Kate ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks all, very much swaying towards a block heel. But it’s whether to splash out £595 on some Gucci ones I’ve seen or pay £30/£80 on some high street ones. Do you make excuses to splash out on your wedding day lol
  • Luke
    Luke ·
    • Hide content
    ?????
  • E
    Savvy October 2021 Oxfordshire
    ExpensiveGreenDiamonds59574 ·
    • Hide content
    Wear whatever you want unless you’re in a short gown then no one is actually going to see the shoes. I’m wearing leopard print shoes for the ceremony and photos and then switching to trainers which I’m DIY covering crystals in for the rest of the day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics