Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

Bridal shoes!!

MrsMarshall2B260517, 28 of June of 2016 at 14:41 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hello!

I have completely fallen in love with a pair of Rachel simpson shoes in powder blue, the only problem is they're £180! which seems a lot to me, especially as I have a full length dress so they wont really be seen, but I cant stop thinking about them!

How much have other people spent on bridal shoes?

Thank you x

11 replies

Latest activity by MetalBride, 2 of July of 2016 at 07:40
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I didn't need any shoes! I love coloured shoes. Yes it's a lot but would you wear them afterwards? Could you sell them afterwards? Might they go n the sale? Love the Pics of brides holding their dress up to show their coloured shoes. Is it massively more than what you would have to pay for something you don't love as much? Am I talking you nto it yet lol. X

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I got mine in a mega sale in a non-bridal shoe shop for £5!!!

As Jayne E said, would you wear them again? Could you save elsewhere to afford them? I personally wouldn't spend that, even if I could wear them again, but I'm not you.

If you post the style, we might be able to find a similar looking alternative at a more reasonable price.

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

I bought a pair of new Rachel Simpson shoes on eBay for £25 - there's often samples being sold on there. Depending on which dress I end up with I may get a different pair, but at least I've not lost a load of cash on the impulse buy! Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner
    MrsMarshall2B260517 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone!

I know they're pricey and I would never normally spend that much, I just hope they go in to a sale or I can find a similar style.

This is what they look like -

If anyone's seen anything similar please let me know! Smiley smile

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Do it. Do it. Do it! Splurge on the shoes - you won't ever have this excuse again! Plus they're gorgeous - you will defo be able to wear them again and you will show them off at the wedding.

I want ones that are £500 haha! I probably won't get them but it's really tempting!

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

I fell in love with the same shoes Smiley smile

Now torn between http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens/irregular-choice-fancy-that-ha-ha-dazzle-pale-blue-low-heels/1249208060/ and http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens/irregular-choice-nicely-done-glitter-white-low-heels/1249281060/

Good luck Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I found the peep toe version on ebay for £123. or these, but not sure if the colour is right:

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/114909421/rachel-simpson-new-size-5-carina.html?link=%2Fsearch%3Fkeyword%3Drachel%2Bsimpson%26sectionId%3D2177

Depends when your wedding is, but keep an eye out on preloved sights and you might be lucky to find them. They are lovely BTW and if they go with other outfits, you could definitely wear them again.

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

Mine were £13 in the DP sale!

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

I have Rachel Simpson shoes! Worth every penny!

If you're localish to Birmingham, you can pop into her boutique and try them on. They give you tea in proper china and little fondant fancies Smiley smile

They have a sale just after Christmas if you can wait that long (not sure of any in the meantime) and she also has an eBay outlet:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/rachel-simpson/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

I bought mine in the sale so I actually bought 2 pairs. Like you, nobody will see them, but they are definitely worth it. Very comfy.

xx

• M
    Beginner
    MrsMarshall2B260517 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks again everyone!

I think I'm going to hold on a little while in hope for a sale (there's no major rush I don't get married until may!), as I just haven't seen any I like half as much! I am close to Birmingham so I may have to go and have a try on and see what I think! x

• S
    Beginner April 2017
    SunnyOrangeStationery494 ·
    • Hide content

I found some shoes at John Lewis I wanted a few months ago for £70

Then on Tuesday I went in to 'browse' and found them reduced and on sale for £29.00, so I bought them.

I've been quite lucky, that the ones I wanted were so cheap.

As everyone has said if you wear them, they feel good and make you feel good as well, then get them.

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

I'm having mine made bespoke by a place called Frankie Lynne's shoe emporium, she's charging £100.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics