Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nicola
Beginner October 2023 Greater Manchester

Bridal shoes flats or heels?

Nicola, 15 of May of 2023 at 19:52 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 6
I really like the idea of wearing some nice flats for my wedding day but my dress is a ball gown and I feel like heels would possibly suit it better. Did anyone else wear flats or heels and regretted it?

6 replies

Latest activity by Katherine, 17 of May of 2023 at 12:49
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

No one is going to see your feet under a ball gown, so wear what makes you feel comfortable.

And the advantages of flats are that you won't get backache, or have to worry about wobbling or tripping on uneven ground! I must admit I'm not a lover of heels anyway, but I can see why people wear them with shorter dresses, where they will be seen - but ballgowns? Nope! One of my friends wore a pair of birkenstocks with her ballgown, and we only knew because she hitched up her hemline to show us! Otherwise, we'd probably have assumed she'd worn heels.

• M
    Dedicated October 2023 Greater Manchester
    MrsM2B ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve got heels to wear but I’ve also bought a matching pair of flat shoes so I can change them later on in the evening. x
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

I've got a pair of block heels for the day and then changing into a pair of trainers for the evening so I can dance. :-)

• S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is what I have done. Block heels for the ceremony and photos because your posture is different in heels most tend to hold yourself straighter. I have some sequin Kate Spade canvas pumps for the evening though just incase. X
  • Lex
    Dedicated July 2023 West Yorkshire
    Lex ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve got both! Heels for the daytime and comfy flats so I can dance in the evening
  • K
    Savvy August 2023 Co Londonderry
    Katherine ·
    • Hide content

I have a low heel for my dress, but will also bring flats/trainers for after the photos are done lol. I love a good dance!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics