Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner November 2016

Bridal shoes - how much to spend?!

cantwaittobemrsb, 8 of June of 2016 at 10:05 Posted on Planning 0 22

Hi

I've been looking for the right pair of bridal shoes and have spotted two lovely pairs, one half the price of the other but I cannot seem to find the least expensive ones in my size or colour! I really love the expensive ones, they are Benjamin Adams and are currently half price at £120.

Could I please ask how much everyone is spending on their shoes? My dress is floor length so I don't know if I should really spend that much on shoes that no-one will probably even see, but I do really like them! lol. I guess I could sell them on ebay afterwards (trying to justify!)

I'm not really a designer shoe person, but do have lots of shoes and want to feel great from head to toe!

x

22 replies

Latest activity by o0o_Charlie_o0o, 10 of June of 2016 at 22:59
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

I spent £150 but that was on two pairs as they were both in the half price sale and I couldn't decide Smiley winking

So, technically, I paid £75 for the pair I'm going to wear, but had I not seen these sale ones I'd have bought a different style for full price.

A big factor in my decision was that I thought I could wear them again. Admittedly white lace heels are pretty bridal, but you can pair them with basically any lace dress. I usually wear a different pair of lace heels with my purple lace bodycon dress, for example.

Which ones were you looking at specifically? Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner November 2016
    cantwaittobemrsb ·
    • Hide content

Hi, thanks for the reply!

Here they are;

My dress has sparkly crystal/diamantes.. not sure if I should go for shoes with sparkle or get plain ones? But I think I could wear these again on a night out to a wedding etc?

x

• C
    Beginner November 2016
    cantwaittobemrsb ·
    • Hide content

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Oooo they're so pretty!!

Buy them! You'll get loads of wear out of them Smiley smile

Also, is there such a thing as too much sparkle? Smiley smile as long as they aren't likely to catch on the dress (which it doesn't look like they would) I think they'll look great Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

I prefer the less 'bridal' looking shoes and got mine from Carvela by Kurt Geiger. £59 reduced from £110 so a bargain!

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_58958+5643363609_-1

They aren't something I would really wear again as they are very sparkly but I don't mind as they weren't too much money. I think spend what you can afford - weighing up against realistically how much you will wear again. x

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I spent around about £25 for mine in a BHS sale. I didn't want anything too fancy to be honest, but something pretty enough as I have a tea length dress.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I spent £250! Eek! But they are also gold and sparkly and I feel like I would wear them again. You will definitely get the wear out of those.

• Sweeties
    Beginner November 2016
    Sweeties ·
    • Hide content

At the moment I'm looking at a couple of pairs... but will only be needing one pair.

Both Irregular Choice.

Abigails Party (£95) & also Miaow (£119).

My dress will be floor length, so no one will really see them. I leaning more towards Miaow, as I feel like I'd wear these again.

Might be able to get them cheaper else where, as well.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Mine were second hand Irregular Choice and were £60. I also had a pair of flats for after the ceremony that were £20 from Next. Bear in mind I wore a short dress, so everyone did see them!

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsFitz2b ·
    • Hide content

I spent £85 and I'm pretty sure that I won't wear them again.

I umm'd and ahh'd for ages but they are beautiful and were perfect with my dress.

Afterwards I encouraged my other half to spend £80 on his shoes for the wedding (which he will wear again) and once he had I didn't think about the price again.

i also kept them on all night so have a pair of new look sparkly sandals ready for honeymoon.

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

Mine were £80 from Rainbow Club! I needed some seriously comfy heels as I'm not usually a heel wearing kinda girl unless I go out out. These were so comfy and I'm planning on getting them dyed after the wedding so I can wear them again, they are very plain and boring unlike some of your gorgeous ones!!

Im also planning on getting a pair of sparkly sandals for the reception just in case. My new married name will be Jones so I'll only be buying a pair from Jones Bootmakers, then I plan on taking them on honeymoon as well. Now I've planned this in my head they won't actually get any sparkly sandals that I like in stock!!x

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Mine were £12 in the New Look sale ?. Floor length dress and don't do heels, so no point spending vast amounts for something that will only get worn for a few hours

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

I spend ages looking for shoes and was really torn between a pair of beautiful designer Badgley Mischka heels which were £170. I was so tempted but they were really hard it find and would have to order them online from America so I thought it was a bit risky and didn't know if they would be uncomfortable. Also like you say no-one will be able to see them. So I went for some £70 Rainbow club shoes, which are a similar style. They are comfy and pretty. It is your special day and it is nice to feel top to toe gorgeous so if you really want some expensive ones then go for it! But it depends on budget and how important shoes are to you!

• B
    Beginner March 2016
    BuryBride ·
    • Hide content

I have a terrible time with shoes. I was tempted to skimp on the shoes as they wouldn't get seen but struggled to find anything. After sending back 9 pairs of shoes and visiting every store in town I decided to go with comfort and was glad I did. Even though you may only wear them one day it's a long time on your feet and you will feel so much better if you are comfortable. I went with rainbow club in the end and would pay 10 times what they cost now if I had to relive the day!

The shoes you like are lovely by the way -if they are comfy go for it.

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

Mine were £13.30 in the sale from Dorothy Perkins! I knew I didn't want a white pair as I wouldn't wear them again, whereas these I definitely will wear again.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I was lucky- spotted a pair of very reduced old stock in Debenhams... but they didn't have them in my size. Watched E-Bay like a hawk for a few days and found a brand new with tags pair which I got for £15!

They aren't the most comfy shoes if I'm honest, but I don't wear heels routinely and find them uncomfortable generally and have a foot disorder so I know I won't wear them long after the ceremony... so I've got a pair of crocs for when my feet start to complain!! Smiley winking

• Arpee
    Beginner August 2016
    Arpee ·
    • Hide content

I have the same pair as Soon2BRiley, £29 in bhs! That said, I am wondering whether some wedges might be a better idea as the ceremony is on a lawn... I'm going to get some heel tips, but even so!

• jamborina
    Dedicated August 2016
    jamborina ·
    • Hide content

Mine are Matilda by Rachel Simpson and they were about £160 I think. They are so comfortable. Totally worth the money.

• S
    Beginner August 2016
    SnapCracklePop! ·
    • Hide content

Mine were £25 from quiz, my main goal was comfort as I don't want to have to take them off ! But love how the sparkle at the front is just visible when i walk in my dress Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner April 2017
    TashAndOwl ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I do love a sparkly shoe. Get them!

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    Laurensmum ·
    • Hide content

Mine were £15 from a local selling page. Never worn with tags on!

Although, may have to look at others as I have managed to break a toe and it hasn't healed right so I might not be able to get my foot in! ?

• o0o_Charlie_o0o
    Beginner August 2016
    o0o_Charlie_o0o ·
    • Hide content

I paid £25 for mine, I don't do heels so chose these, they will have pink organza ribbon laces, (these are mine and my daughters)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics