Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nadia
Beginner September 2025 Lisboa

Bridal shop suggestions

Nadia, 26 of February of 2024 at 21:14 Posted on Wedding Attire 3 11

Hi all Smiley smile

We're planning on getting married in Sep 2025 and I've just had a quick look online to get a feel of what wedding dresses I like and I think I found some designers I'd really like to try at some point. If I could, it would be great to find a bridal shop who stocks all three designers - I'm after Morilee (old and new collections), Ronald Joyce and Mark Lesley. Atm I've found Bridal Wear by Esmé, however they don't seem to stock new Morilee collection. Could anyone suggest a bridal shop that would stock all three please? Happy to travel anywhere in the UK.

TIA x

11 replies

Latest activity by Daisyconfetti1707, 3 of April of 2024 at 18:52
  • Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am going there next month Smiley smile I cannot wait it looks so gorgeous! Did you find your dress there? Smiley heart

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content

Check on TDR's website see what they stock Smiley smile I have booked my appointment for next month hoping to find the 'one' for me. Smiley heart

• T
    Curious May 2024 Buckinghamshire
    T S ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I went, but it was actually the place that helped me decide on my final dress from somewhere else. They had SO many options but I found myself going back to the dress I’d found in a place closer to home. I thought “if I can’t find something I like better here, I won’t find it anywhere!” If that makes sense?
    I could have ordered my dress from there, they did stock that designer, but it made sense to order from my local shop so I wouldn’t have as long a drive for fittings etc.
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Happy you have your dress Smiley smile when are you getting married?How many bridal shops did you go to before finding your dress? its only about half an hour away from me by car so its not to bad Smiley smile. You had to do what is convenient for you makes sense. How is the service? I am looking forward to feeling special Smiley smile I definitely want to try on a princess dress just to get a photo in it. That is not the look I want to go for though I don't want a dress with a long train.

• T
    T S ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    3 months today! I started looking very early, it took me about a year of searching and I went to 10 different stores. The service was great, they didn’t seem keen for me to go through the racks and browse, they wanted a description of what I might be looking for so they could pull options for me. I guess because they have so many dresses you’d waste an hour just browsing. I’d let them know you want to try one or two princess ones just to rule them out - there’s a GORGEOUS Pen.Liv one that’s so sparkly and fun, I think the style name is Abbey… but if you want to give Princess a go, that and Riva from Enzoani are the ones to try out.
    (You can always bustle a long train so you have it for your aisle moment but then it gets pinned up and tucked away so nobody falls over it, that’s what I’m doing!)
    I ended up going for an Elysee dress in the end. Just came coming back to it, putting it on felt like coming home ❤️
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am starting in March then getting married next Feb 2025 trying to give myself time.

Wow what a description Smiley smile love that felt like coming home. I on there portal where I can view dresses and say what I like etc. Its great did you use there online portal?

Thanks so much for that idea didn't realise you could pin the train as I don't want my dress to get dirt on with a long train. I am going to copy your message about pinning train so I remember to ask.

• T
    T S ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah their portal is good to fill in your preferences so they can make some recommendations. Most long trains can be bustled, that’s the word you’re looking for. Honestly they’re so great at it, it’s usually a tiny button or loop somewhere and it folds right up and blends into the skirt. (If you do go for that, they’ll usually let you take a video of them doing it to your dress so you can show your bridesmaids how to do it).

Also worth noting, most places will give a discount if you can pay in full. It’s not an option for everyone, but I negotiated 10% off for paying in full when placing my order.
    It’s also fine to show up not knowing what you like. Try one of everything! A Princess one, a plain one, a fitted one, something fishtail, something with lace, something with beads, something with sleeves, something with a cape if you want! Helps you start to narrow down what you like. Good luck!
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bustled I have saved that now. Smiley smile Thanks for that tip I wont be having any bridesmaids, but I will have my Mum with me and Aunty I can ask to help me. I think I want sleeves something lace Smiley smile. You know if the dress needs alterations there is a separate cost for that right?

3 months until the big day Smiley smile are you all sorted now? On Saturday I am off to the National Wedding Fair in Birmingham I cant wait excited to see the bridal catwalk. They will have dresses there however I don't want to try them on so publicly as well. Will wait for my appointment!

• Nadia
    Beginner September 2025 Lisboa
    Nadia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did find them on my research and it looks like a gorgeous shop. Will definitely try to visit them. Thanks for the suggestion
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    Let us know if you do decide to go there ") I met some of the staff today at The Wedding Show. They offered me 10% my dress if I purchase from them!♡
  • Daisyconfetti1707
    Beginner December 2026 South Yorkshire
    Daisyconfetti1707 ·
    • Hide content
    Hummingbird Bridal Studio in South Yorkshire are a big stockist of Morilee 🤍

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics