Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2013

Bridal Shops in the North West -Recommendations please!

Janey4, 8 August, 2012 at 10:57 Posted on Planning 0 9

I think I am almost ready to start looking for a dress……

The venue is not booked yet, but we are looking to get married in August next year, fingers crossed, and I am starting to think it might be time to make a start the search!

I am really excited, but also rather nervous about it too and I would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for places in the North West, (I’m based in Cheshire), for places that gave them a great service, had a good selection of dresses and weren’t too expensive!

All help appreciated, as I really do not know where to start!!!

9 replies

Latest activity by Janey4, 15 August, 2012 at 11:14
  • hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

Whereabouts in Cheshire are you? I went to Aristocrats and the Ivory Lounge in Chester, both very good, and ended up ordering my dress from Cherish the Bride in West Kirby on the Wirral - they were fab. Also very good experience bridesmaid dress shopping in Bethany Hannah, Stockton Heath and Bellisima Brides in Brimstage on the Wirral.

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Janey4 ·
    • Hide content

I'm in Warrington!

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

Bethany Hannah would be handy for you then.

I chose my dress shops by looking through wedding mags at the dress adverts, I found I was attracted to certain designers (Maggie Sottero, Sottero & Midgeley and Essense of Australia were my faves) so I looked for shops that stocked those designers. Probably a good place to start.

Which venues are you looking at? Although we live just outside Chester we're off to the Lake District for our wedding, fancied making a weekend of it.

• Mrs2013
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs2013 ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE the

ivory lounge in chester,

bride to be by hannah lois

Liverpool Bridal Gallery

x

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

I can recommend Special Days, in Ashton-in-Makerfield. Only 15 mins down the A49 for you. She was very reasonably priced and in my opinion you get more attention to detail from the smaller shops.

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sue250 ·
    • Hide content

I live in a village just outside of Warrington (lymm) and i got mine from The wedding boutique cheshire - its only a small shop but Fiona is lovely (its not far from Knutsford at Heyrose golf club)

Theres Puure in lymm village that i looked at and cheshire brides in frodsham.

Have you got a venue? if you need any local suppliers give me a shout as i used mainly local people Smiley smile

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

I highly recommend Halo and Ellis in Preston, if you're willing to travel.

• shetlandlover
    Beginner October 2012
    shetlandlover ·
    • Hide content

I know it's a bit far but what about Especially for you bridal in Longridge?

I have ordered my dress with them and they are amazing, very friendly and supportive. Have wonderful dresses and are reasonable in price.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Amy Louise bridal in Nantwich are fab, stock Ian Stuart, Claire pettibone, Jenny packham and lusan mandongus.

The white closet in west Didsbury is also fab, stock Charlotte balbier amongst others.

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Janey4 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for all your replies!!

I have made a list and soon as the venue is booked, (OH and I have agreed on Belle Epoque in Knutsford, but just need to set the date and make it official!) I think I will start making a few appointments!

Exciting!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics