Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2014

Bridal Shops Leeds and surrounding area

Sezwest, 21 of January of 2014 at 08:13 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi all

wondered if anyone could reccomend any bridal shops in leeds.

Ive been to confetti and lace and angel brides at horsforth but looking to go to one final shop. Heard some bad reviews of some of the ones in leeds city centre.

Looking for somewhere that the staff make you feel comfortable and aren't overly pushy.

suggestions and experiences welcome!!

Many thanks

sarah

11 replies

Latest activity by Lottie2409, 21 of January of 2014 at 14:21
  • H
    Beginner August 2014
    H3LEN ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I've just been to platinum brides at Yeadon. They are lovey got my dress there. Their on Facebook and have a web page. It's only a small shop and only two ladies work there. I didn't like confetti and lace. Thought it was too big and in personal.

Good luck.

• Gemini_Bride
    Beginner September 2014
    Gemini_Bride ·
    • Hide content

Ava rose Hamilton in silsden! They have been amazing, treat you as the only bride in the world and have an excellent seamstress who can alter dresses to your requirements

i am happily travelling from manchester for fittings as the service has been so good

• Barnett2015
    Beginner April 2015
    Barnett2015 ·
    • Hide content

I have been to Scarlet Poppy in Pudsey before, i didnt buy my dress there (mine was an eBay fluke, have been very lucky) but they have absolutely beautiful dresses there and the staff were lovely. I have been to Berketex in Leeds city centre with a friend to look at dresses for her and was not impressed with the staff. Other people have said the same.

Likewise the Bridal Shop in Otley is lovely, the lady is really nice and she only takes one appointment at the time and really looks after you.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I liked Hoops a Daisy in Wakefield and my friend has just bought hers from Limelight Occasions in Huddersfield and they were fab.

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Like you I would recommend Ava Rose in Silsden. Bernie is fabulous....doesnt push you, let you take as long as you need, help with bringing dresses to you that might like & even ones that they think would suit you. That's how I got mine, I went with all these ideas as to what I wanted, but with the help of Bernie (& my friend of course) came out with nothing like I expected to. But, the moment I put The One on, both my friend & I cried! Fabulously helpful, I wouldnt hesitate to recommend.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Sezwest ·
    • Hide content

Thanks this has been really helpful. I will try Ava the suggestions. Much appreciated

sarah

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Another for Hoops a Daisy in Wakefield, I got my dress from there ❤️

Amazing ladies and so many gorgeous dresses to choose from.

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    CoopsJ68 ·
    • Hide content

Hi , I went to a shop called Elegance of Scholes , Cleckheaton. The ladies there were lovely and would recommend. I ended up getting my dress from Heavens Above Bridal in Osset. The shop is in the middle of a housing estate , not much to look at from the outside but lovely inside and the ladies here are brilliant. Great relaxing atmosphere , lovely raised catwalk from the changing room :-) And the prices seem very reasonable compared with other shops too.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for Limelight Occasions at Lepton but also try Celebration Bridal in Ossett.

• Lottie2409
    Beginner November 2014
    Lottie2409 ·
    • Hide content

I got my dress from Celebrations in Ossett and they were wonderful. Even though I went on a sale day I didnt feel rushed or pressurised, and they made me feel like I was the only one in the shop. I'm planning on going back there to look for bridesmaid dresses.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics