Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BrideMrsT2B
Beginner June 2011

Bridal Short Hair?

BrideMrsT2B, 22 of March of 2011 at 20:46 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hi Ladies,

Probably a silly post but I am so desperate to have my hair cut into a nice little bob but am worried this will restrict me for my wedding day hair as i would like some height at the back to give my tiara a backdrop and would like it out of my face so up ideally or at least pinned back. Does anyone else have short hair or are you all long haired beauties?

Just wondering how other people are having their hair and what they think before I take the plunge to get a nice bob or weather to just stay as shoulder length and have an up do for the wedding.

19 replies

Latest activity by kerrylou89, 27 of March of 2011 at 21:08
  • NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh this was my quandry a couple of months ago. I used to have shoulder length hair, got fed up with it, chopped it all off then cried when I realised I couldn't have the hair do I'd wanted for the wedding! Now I'm trying to grow it back a bit to see if there's enough there to put some loose curls in and pin it up so it's basically in any other style than my usual choppy bob!

• sarahjolley
    Beginner September 2012
    sarahjolley ·
    • Hide content

You could get it chopped and add a few extentions on the day if u needed

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

This bride has short hair, some of it is down at the front to give you an idea of how short her hair is.. she has had it curled and pinned back in places to make it look up but natural with some gorgeous pins in.

• MrsPenguin
    Beginner September 2011
    MrsPenguin ·
    • Hide content

I have a short bob and If i'm honest I am struggling to find something to do with my hair, but to be fair that is more to do with the fact that it is really really fine, so I might just go without accessories and just have it looking really sharp. I've done google images for 20's, 30's 40's style hair and it gave me loads of ideas, so if you don;t have baby fine hair like me, you should get loads of inspiration

x

• BrideMrsT2B
    Beginner June 2011
    BrideMrsT2B ·
    • Hide content

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

If it helps, this is the length of my hair now 2 months after having it cut into a very short bob. At my hair trial, the stylist backcombed bits of it around my crown and did clever things with straighteners to give me a 60s-ish look, which was really cool but not exactly what I want (so she's coming for a second trial in a few weeks).

If you're thinking of going shorter than this, I'd definitely have a chat with a stylist about possible hairstyles first. Depending on the thickness of your hair, you might still be able to get some really interesting looks other than a choppy bob on the day!

(sorry for the boozey pic, it's from my hen do on Saturday!)

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Short? I have a number 4 buzzcut! I'll be having an alice band fascinator on the day, I may see if I can grow it to and inch long.

A bit of height behind a tiara shouldn't be too hard witha bob - bumpits or sponge padding under the hair should do it.

• kerrylou89
    Beginner August 2011
    kerrylou89 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

im with you, my hair is shoulder length but so fine its horrible.. i keep getting really down because i cant seem to have what i want with my hair Smiley sad x

• Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB)
    Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I've got a short bob an ddidn't know what to do with it on the day. I needed height behind my fascinator as well so my hairdresser just backcombed it and hairsprayed it.

Here's a picture for an idea:

Aimee x

• BrideMrsT2B
    Beginner June 2011
    BrideMrsT2B ·
    • Hide content

Oh Aimee your hair looks lovely. I'm not going to have mine cut that short just yet, going for a long ish bob first and then after the wedding I might go for a shorter bob. I've seen some lovely piccies on the net of pics for how I can have my hair for the wedding so the bob is booked in for next week ?

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I have a similar predicament... I am growing my hair for the wedding (it currently brushes my shoulders) but I don't like it and straight after the wedding I am going to have it chopped off. But I am glad I haven't chopped it off already because I had my hair trial the other day and it looked amazing and I couldn't get that if I cut my hair off.

So if you are using a professional hairdresser I would recommend getting a trial done to see if the look of longer bridal hair encourages you to keep your longer hair for a few months.

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My hair is this length and similar style at the moment but I have dark brown hair,

Was thinking of growing it for the wedding, but even if I do I will wear it down and have it straight. I do not suit it any other way

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My hair is also fine and I'm trying toget some length before October. Fortunately my friend knows how my hair is so we're going to try for a have up do with some waves. My hair is so fine that grips slide out of it...... not a good look but one I'm going tohave to try and put up with for a few months. How I wish I could do a girls world and get an extra 4 inches instantly! ?

• N
    Beginner April 2012
    Natjay ·
    • Hide content

I was wondering this too as i have short hair just above my shoulders but below my chin, I am thinking of having a side pony with extensions but not sure as depends on make as dont want to look obvious i got fake hair in. I'm not having a veil so also thought of just having it straight with a flower in or something simular.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Would you mind flashing some? I've looked but struggling to find much inspiration for bob-length hair that isn't the 'messy and choppy' look

• kerrylou89
    Beginner August 2011
    kerrylou89 ·
    • Hide content

After getting so frustrated the other day with my hair i rang my hairdressser and asked her for some advice and she sent me to this place in our city which sells real hair hair extentions and they dye to match you hair. i Went yesterday and found some perfect ones and they match my hair so well if youd never seen my hair before youd think it was really that long, the best thing is they can be curled and washed aswel lSmiley smile cant wait for my trial now Smiley smile xx

• M
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsLove ·
    • Hide content

I have fine hair with no volume whatsoever also so I had mine cut into a long bob a yr n half ago, I had just had it cut when I went for my first hair trail in the winter and she couldn't do anything with it so I have had to grow it for the wedding - I HATE it at the mo as it is just the inbetween length and looks so rubbish but it will hopefully look lovely on the day! I get married on the Friday, I go on honeymoon on the Sunday so I am going to get my bob back on the Saturday inbetween!!

• kerrylou89
    Beginner August 2011
    kerrylou89 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

awww wow your wedding is the day before mine, i go away on the thursday after considering getting mine cut in between too haha x

• kerrylou89
    Beginner August 2011
    kerrylou89 ·
    • Hide content

Edited as commented twice x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics