Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner March 2015

Bridal sizes / Any Cymbeline brides?

babushka, 29 of June of 2014 at 19:07 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all,

so I've just ordered my dress (eeeek!) but I've ordered it in my normal dress size and it's definitely a bit tight - I know this is risky - but I also know I'm around 10lbs heavier than I will be on the big day......has anyone else found bridal sizes (mine is a Cymbeline dress) really small??? If so, have you ordered the size up?

3 replies

Latest activity by MrsA2B2014, 30 of June of 2014 at 08:55
  • kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

It depends on the style of the dress. when my measurements were taken, I was a size 10 bust, size 8 waist and a size 14 hips....( for the make of dress I have). so, had I gone for a ballgown, I would have needed an 8 or 10 max and would prob need no alterations. .. but because I've gone for a mermaid style, I had to order a size 14 which will then be altered at the top.

Normally I wear a size 12 as a rule.

so, it just depends on the style and your personal shape.

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Surfer Rosa ·
    • Hide content

I am a high street size 10 but ordered a size 12 in my Cymbelline gown as the sample was a tad tight on my hips. The lovely lady in the shop was unsure which size to order but I didnt want any added pressure to lose weight. Sods law, as I have lost a stone since my measurements were taken!

• B
    Beginner March 2015
    babushka ·
    • Hide content

Oh no!! Typical. Well I'm a 12 and went for a 12 (thought it was ideal motivation to keep trim and healthy!) but slightly worried it will be a bit tight (I tried the dress on in one shop and it did up fine, but I think it was an old 'stretched' sample!) which dress did you go for?

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yay!! Another Cymbeline bride!! When I bought my dress I was in a small 10 high street clothes, when my measurements were taken I was a size 16 on top, 8 around the waist and 14 on the hips. French sizes are always strange. I've put on a bit of weight but plan to lose around 15/20lbs before the wedding which should give a bit more room.

What did you go for? The dresses are amazing!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics