Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Bride and Groom can't agree.........

9 of June of 2015 at 19:46 Posted on Planning 0 5

I have been engaged for 9 months or so and my groom and I can't decide on a wedding.

I am not comfortable with a lot of people so my preference is us to pick four people each and take them off some where for a wedding for example Italy, New York, Carribean.

I want it to be intimate and elegant.

The Groom wants a more traditional wedding at home, i would say more typical british wedding. The groom married his first wife in this way.

The money was not an issue as we had a large budget, but since getting engaged we have bought a new large house which has taken a lot of the budget with it.

so do we save up and start planning the big wedding that he wants or have the small intimate wedding that I desire?

Please share your thoughts and opinions

Thanks

xoxo

5 replies

Latest activity by soraneko, 9 of June of 2015 at 21:44
  • AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

This is a difficult one! You need to find a compromise somewhere that will please both of you in some way but that isn't going to be easy!

Have you considered a smaller wedding in the UK? Perhaps head to Gretna? Or just have a smaller, more intimate wedding in a more traditional style?

I think though, that you do need to come to an agreement between you - think of it as good practice for marriage itself when you will find yourselves disagreeing on all sorts of things!

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you go for a mixture? So small intimate wedding abroad followed by a large party when you get back? You guys can wear your clobber again and if really wanting you can get a blessing done - humanist, religious etc.

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    mkw ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.tunnelsbeaches.co.uk/weddings.html

This place could be a good compromise... it has the feel of a place abroad, but is based in the UK, and they are happy to cater for much smaller parties (although the numbers do go up to 80 during the day, 120 in the evening). It would be lovely with maybe about 20 - 30 people. I really wanted to get married here, but sadly it just didn't work with our numbers. It's beautiful though!

Good luck in finding somewhere!

• L
    Beginner September 2016
    lpcr ·
    • Hide content

What about a small wedding with only a few to the service then have an evening do ? Maybe if u got married at 3 or something

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

I would suggest you compromise, although that can be more easily said than done.

Perhaps you can both make a list of your own top priorities and see what you both have in common & go from there

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

This definitely shouldn't be an either/or situation, it's both of your wedding! You need to decide between you why you want these things and decide if there is a middle ground.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics