Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner March 2018

Bride and Groom from different countries

MrsFutureSwe, 13 of March of 2017 at 00:11 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi all

looking for some inspiration. I am Scottish and my other half is from Sweden. our wedding is going to be a big blend of the two countries ideally. I was curious of any other bride or grooms to be that have managed to blend two countries together. We are getting married in Scotland and i am starting to feel that the wedding is taking a very Scottish turn as we are having a piper, kilts and hand-fasting ..... any ideas of ways we can blend the two more or favour ideas that could give a good mix.

I was also wondering if anyone had came across any good poems or similar that could go with the wedding favours that speaks about blending the two countries... etcetcetc. this has been very hard to google... or i am looking for something that doesn't exist! HAHA

any help appreciated Smiley smile

1 replies

Latest activity by Jayne E, 13 of March of 2017 at 16:49
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Hi, can you have a good chat with your mother-in-law to be? Find out all the Swedish wedding traditions and see what you can incorporate. Whether it's something that happens at the reception, during the service or even just a traditional dessert etc. Or Google their wedding traditions.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

If you can incorporate your own vows you could add in the Swedish vows. Not sure about Swedish but the Finnish when we married were beautiful.

How about reçeptîoñ table names not numbers using a different Swedish word for each table with the translation listed below. Love for example.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics