Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

GeordieBarbie
Beginner May 2010

Bride & Bridesmaid Iron on Transfers...?

GeordieBarbie, 1 December, 2009 at 20:34 Posted on Planning 0 10

Anyone bought any or used them?

I found these on ebay - what do you think? They're £3 each and around 19cm x 9.cm. Was thinking of getting them for us to wear on the day of the wedding (will get a cheap top or vest from Primark or something)

What d'ya think...?

10 replies

Latest activity by anglefish, 2 December, 2009 at 12:31
  • Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

I think they're the ones I have got (very similar at least).

Haven't put them on to a vest yet but I was thinking along similar lines and getting cheapy vest tops to put them onto. But strappy vests so you can get them over your head without ruining hair / make up!

Why not buy one and try it out then buy others if it works well?

• Maxibon
    Beginner March 2009
    Maxibon ·
    • Hide content

I love them! I might even copy you ?

• Beccy Sprout
    Beginner
    Beccy Sprout ·
    • Hide content

Yep. I did this, got them for "Bride's mate", "Bride's Niece" and "Bride's Sister" also...got them the bay of e.... not too tricky to adhere if you follow the instructions, just don't be too hasty to pull off the backing!

I think it should be done... when else will you be able to wear something like this... albeit a wee bit twee...sod it!!

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beccy - I think we're quite similar!! Blonde, pink, sparkles... Girl after my own heart ?

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I looked at these on ebay too. I was going to get dressing gowns for everybody but would work out too expensive plus we are getting hair and makeup done at the salon now.

I like the idea of a vest top or t-shirt though so will think about that instead.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

As mentioned earlier - you need to get the top off after your hair is done so you might want to rule out tops that go over your head - shirts and jackets though. I was thinking of them cheap thin tracket suits style zipper jackets from Primark. Also, remember strap marks so don't wear a strapped bra on the morning before the wedding! ?

I also found someplace on ebay that can make you your married name for £6.99 (up to 14 letters in the surnname included). Heehee!

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

oh, hadn't thought of this thanks GB!!!!!

Hadn't thought of the zippers from Primark - def going to do that. I'm always cold a I would freeze in a vest top in April!!!! lol Just out of interest, if you had the zipper where would you put the transfer - on the front or back???

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I'd put them on the back of the zipper top.

You might get away with a vest top but just need to be very careful removing it. When i was BM last year we all wore buttoned shirts - so much easier :o)

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, I was going to wear something with buttons cos I'd already read somewhere about not wearing t-shirts etc but I thought I might just get away with the vest top if I was careful ? The zipper sounds so much warmer though and the way I'm feeling this week I def don't want to be cold on my wedding day!!!!

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

I got a 'bun in the oven' when I was preggers so people didn't think I was just fat, it lasted for ages and thru loads of washes.

Go for it!

• A
    Beginner December 2010
    anglefish ·
    • Hide content

I had the same idea, i got mine of ebay and was thinking of getting nice dresing gowns from primark for us to wear on the morning when were having hair ect done x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics