Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious June 2023 Worcestershire

Bride doing a speech?

Sarah, 7 of October of 2021 at 14:33 Posted on Planning 0 2

I was looking at writing our own vows for the ceremony & have written what I feel is exactly what I want to say and it's perfect.... only problem is it's 88 words and the enhanced civil ceremony where you can have your own vows only allows up to 50 words! I mean who can put their declaration of love into just 50 words Smiley tongue

I have tried cutting it down but it loses so much importance of what I want to say. I am debating reading it myself at the Wedding Breakfast during the speeches and just wondered what peoples thoughts are if this would be silly or if they have been to weddings where the Bride has given a speech?

x

2 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 14 of October of 2021 at 18:27
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Oh crap, mine is longer, I didn't notice a limit! Maybe it differs by area as our paper work doesn't say there is a limit! Maybe ring them and ask how strict it is, lets be honest they are not going to cut you off mid way as I doubt they will be counting. I am doing a small speech, my Dad is no longer with us so I will be doing a small one about the men who have been like fathers to me as he passed when I was 10, and I also want to talk about my H2B and his role as a father to his daughter and how we are becoming a family, but also to express things to him I cant do in the vows due to time. I have been to as few weddings where brides have done speeches, and I think it is really nice, why should the men be the only ones to speak, especially when 95% of the wedding has probably been organized by the Bride! It is an old school mentality about the speeches and I am all for the Bride having her say, so absolutely I think you should go for it, is your wedding, so you do it your way X

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Give it at your wedding breakfast. It may not be 'traditional' for brides to give speeches, but that's because 'traditionally', the bride was a piece of property who got handed from father to husband at the wedding.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Oh actually I think you do have to send in advance so yeah they may check. Best to be safe and ask in advance. Thank you, good lick and hope you can do what you want with yours x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics