Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Savvy May 2023 Derbyshire

Bride or grooms name first in the invitation/save the date

Megan, 7 of January of 2022 at 12:27 Posted on Planning 0 7
Hi,

Is there a ‘usual order’ of whose names come first in the invitation and save the date - the brides or the grooms? Or am I just over thinking this 😂
Thanks!

7 replies

Latest activity by Yorkshirelass, 8 of January of 2022 at 13:51
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Traditionally it is groom first, so is like Mr and Mrs but it seems nowadays people do whatever, personally I prefer the traditional way but each to their own
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It really depends - traditionally, it used to be the bride first, because the invitation would come from her parents. I've seen it done that way when the parents are paying for most or all of it. Or if it were an older couple sending it themselves, then it was commonly groom & then bride. But do whatever works for you (how do you normally sign joint cards/invites etc?)

Ours were bride and then groom (I've just had to check as I couldn't remember) and I think the only reason for that was that we had our names on the front of the invite and it fitted into the design better if my name went first Smiley laugh

• Jamie
    Dedicated October 2022 Argyll
    Jamie ·
    • Hide content
    I think the groom normally goes first, but on ours we rotated it so that the first mention is my name first and the second is FH's. I figured men first has always been the thing, but then have you ever heard anyone say "groom and bride?" Nope. Always bride and groom. These days I don't think anyone would think twice about it.
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Charlotte - yes I think we are going to stick to traditional! ☺️
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you - I think we are going to do groom then bride as we are sending them ourselves. We sign off cards my partners name first as well, I didn’t think of it like that!
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhh yes I have never thought of it like that!
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    As my parents are paying for most of it we wrote it in the traditional way- “my mum and dads names” request the pleasure of your company at the wedding of their daughter Katie to Karl plus his surname. But as others have said now anything goes really!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics