Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Bride reading

6 of April of 2014 at 23:47 Posted on Planning 0 4

Somehow between us we have managed to sort out the details for the ceremony (readings music etc, just civil ceremony in reg office). A reading I have chosen is yes I'll marry you by pam ayres, I love it, I was just wondering who I should have to read it? Ideally I'd like to read it myself as it's a pretty good reflection of how our marriage is likely to be! Plus as it's sort of directed at the groom from the bride id not think it would be the same to have my bridesmaid (or anyone else) reading it. But I've never heard of a bride doing a reading at her own wedding? Is that normal? Also I may be too nervous! Any opinions/experience on this?!

4 replies

Latest activity by Osborn, 23 of May of 2022 at 10:09
  • P
    Beginner August 2014
    Purplemunchkin ·
    • Hide content

I love that poem, and I had it at my first wedding. My Mum read it and it was very funny.

I've not seen a bride do a reading, but that doesn't mean you can't. But I think I would have found it too much. The readings gave a brief respite from everything to just take a breath and take in what was actually happening!

• donnyette
    Beginner December 2016
    donnyette ·
    • Hide content

We have chosen that reading for our wedding. Its brilliant.

My daughter will be reading it. She will be a few days short of 12 and she wanted to do a reading for us. I think its fitting also, even though she is not marrying him lol, my OH will become her stepdad so its a union of the 3 of us coming together as a family.

Im so proud to have her reading it. I dont think I have ever heard of a bride doing a reading at her own wedding x

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I love that poem and thought exactly the same when I read it ... perhaps someone close to you, like BM, MOH, Mum, sister? Kind of like they are reading it on your behalf?

• I
    Beginner May 2014
    Izzysaurus ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on doing a reading. It's something that is quite personal to us so I wanted to do it myself. We are also having other readings by friends and family. Another reason I wanted to do the reading is that I initially wanted to do a speech but thought that would mean too many speeches, so thought it was a good compromise.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics