Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tammy
Beginner November 2022 Somerset

Bride speeches

Tammy, 13 of August of 2022 at 19:55 Posted on Planning 0 5

Are there any brides doing a speech and if so what have you included?

thank you

5 replies

Latest activity by Lisa, 17 of August of 2022 at 22:17
  • Lucy
    Savvy September 2022 Hampshire
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    Hi. I am doing a speech. We have gone untraditional having a speech between each course. My dad will just welcome everyone then my partner will do his speech between starter and main and then I will do one between main and dessert. I’m keeping it quite short. We’ve agreed who will thank who so we don’t both do it. Then I’ve just spoken about him really and why I love him. So much attention is on the bride and I want him to have his moment of being appreciated 😀
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm not doing a speech as my MOH was super keen to do one given that the BM does one, so that already brings us up to four and I didn't want to overload our guests with speeches especially as I tend to waffle haha

Instead, I'm going to write a "From the Bride" note on the final page of our programme. I don't want to duplicate a lot of what my dad or FH might say in terms of thank yous, so I'm actually going to gear mine towards "talking to the angels" i.e. the loved ones we've lost and their influence (but in a happy way).

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

I'll be doing a speech at our wedding as my dad won't be doing one. His English is limited and he is very shy. I'll be mentioning my family, his family and thanking guests. Quite a simple speech hopefully. Oh and mention him as well. :-)

• Sinéad
    Dedicated October 2022 Cork
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content

Hey

I'm going to do a little speech. But I'm only doing it so I can surprise my dad with a cake for his 70th birthday. His birthday is the day before our wedding. His family will be there so we can all celebrate together 😊
  • L
    Savvy September 2022 Tyne & Wear
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this idea and might pinch it! 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics