Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

hp169
Beginner February 2011

bride/groom gifts

hp169, 9 December, 2010 at 10:02 Posted on Planning 0 28

Hey, Is everyone buying your bride/groom and vice versa gifts to give to them on the morning of the wedding? I dont know too much about wedding traditions. Also if you are what are you getting them?

28 replies

Latest activity by TheNinjaPigeon, 9 December, 2010 at 21:39
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

We aren't bothering.

The honour of becoming my wife is the greatest gift she can give me, so anything else will just pale into insignificance.

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, don't think we've 'met'!

I have no idea what the 'tradition' is but then I'm not necesarily following all the traditions for our wedding!

I am going to buy my OH a present but as yet I have no idea what.

I knew I wanted to marry OH way before he proposed and I had always imagined I would buy him his 'dream' bass guitar as a wedding present. I should have started saving years ago though because it costs nearly £2000!!! So there is no way I can afford that at the moment so that idea is out the window but I don't know what to get him instead. Probably just a "token" gift.

Some ideas I have been given to buy him...

Engraved watch

A different aftershave so it will always remind him of the wedding day

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I want to get Mr CB a watch as his gift. I've got him a couple of small things, including the 'My Beautiful Groom' journal (which I really need to start writing in!). I have no doubt that the journal will mean most to him but I do want to get him a watch that, should we be lucky enough to have a family, he can one day pass it on.

He's working form home today so I just asked him if he was going to buy me a present. He said 'probably, but only if you're good between now and then!' Cheeky monkey!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I am giving H2B a watch, a bottle of posh bubbly, and a dvd that I have put together for him to watch the night before...

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I am buying him a watch (a very nice one!)

He has bought me 3 things..... one is Kings of Leon tickets for next year and the other things I find out on NYE (hte date we got engaged) and then 6th Sept (the day we met) ?

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I bought my H2B a 'My Beautiful Groom' journal (start writing CB, its harder than it looks!) and some cufflinks that say 'See you..' and 'at 2.30pm..'

I also made him a FYEO DVD.

Have no idea what I got.

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

I always thought i'd be buying H2B a gift, something special that he can keep, but when i asked him the other day what he was buying me he said nothing, but i'm not sure if he was joking or not!!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I've got OH some little bits - some "Groom" socks, a handmade grooms journal, Some little keepsake books we saw in our TOGs sample album and I will also be getting a watch engraved with "No excuses for being late".

He is also having a Ferrari pick him up on the day to take him to church - this was a suprise until he starting worrying about how he would get to church and so i've had to tell him.

I've also got him the soppiest card ever!

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

I'm buying him cufflinks to wear on the day, not sure if he's getting me anything ? but he wouldn't tell me even if he was!

• hp169
    Beginner February 2011
    hp169 ·
    • Hide content

Wow you have all bought very thoughtful gifts! Im going to have to get my thinking cap on! I bought OH a nice watch for crimbo last year so prob wont be able to get another...

Nice to 'meet' you vicky jay, hehe! x

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

He bought my wedding ring and I bought his. I think that's as much as we'll be doing tbh.

I haven't really seen any cufflinks that jump out at me (although I think Spangles (?) got ones with maps on which were cool) and as he's wearing a kilt I can't get silly socks.

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Laura - where did you get these from please ???

dont think OH is getting me anything, and I wasn't thinking of getting him anything in particular but liking the cufflink idea and the map one too - will have to have a look for that one too.

I would have got him another watch.. he loves them but they are the ones that cost £2k+ so me thinks not!

and an Aston Martin for the day but he wouldn't want to give it back. Cufflinks would be the best option ;o)

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Hey ashlil

https://withlovefrom.com/product-See-You-At...-Personalised-Cufflinks-WCU02_TIME

?

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I've got him the prints from my FYEO shoot and personalised Monopoly set. No idea if he is getting me anything - he struggles enough with Christmas/birthdays!

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Laura..! xxx

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

@ Amnesia Custard - I did a kind of FYEO shoot on holiday in 2009 and so don't think I can do it again.

When looking at photographers last night I saw some very saucy pics on one website!

• Pheonix
    Beginner August 2011
    Pheonix ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on having a FYEO shoot and getting him the prints in an album, I'd love to get him a watch too but I don't think i'll be able to afford it...

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

I bought my oh cufflinks.....dont think i got anything from my OH!! But to be fair, he was going to buy some jewellery but i had bought all the things that I wanted to wear on the day built around my grans pearls.

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Some brilliant ideas here girls, i was thinking along the lines of...

Aftershave (me and OH are buying each other aftershave/perfume new for our wedding day)

Personalised cuflinks (had seen some with a imprint of my kiss on them? but also liking the 'meet you at' time ones!)

Groom socks

Card

And now am thinking of the Groom Journal! - god he will have loads, he he

Not sure what he will be getting me but am sure he will get me something?!

Did think of the picture thing, but mentioned this to him and all i got as a reply was 'i've got the real thing, why would i need a photo of you?', pfft men - guess thats a no no then! he he

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I guess that is a fair comment Sarah. My H2b travels alot and takes his wherever he goes!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Well we day say nothing originally as the wedding is going to cost a fortune, but ive bought some little things for her. We have a new scent for the day, I have OneMillion for Lady and shes got the mens (she doesnt like "girly" fragrances! ?), im also planning on putting a little box together and in it along with that, will be a garter (she wont think to buy one) a pair of slippers with our future name one and some other bits and pieces. Doubt i will get owt!☹️

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting mine half a PS3! (getting him it for xmas but as I couldnt justify the expense for xmas I'm saying its his Wedding pressie as well).

To open on the morning: a 'how to be a good husband' book, some socks and possibly one of those journals but havent decided yet as I have no idea what I'd write in answer to the questions... ?

Might do a FYEO pic but havent decided if I'm brave enough yet...

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww that's really sweet, my OH would chuck his in a draw and forget about it ☹️

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I've already bought mine a mug which says "Meet you at the Castle at 2pm x" Going to ask his Best man to bring him a cuppa in it for him in the morning, will provide his fav Clipper teabags too as his Parents don't have them lol.

Will also be getting him an engraved pocket watch as I know he used to use one as a watch so will use it after the wedding.. My little oddball.

I'm tempted by a Groom Journal too.. By reading this thread I guess I should buy it soon to start writing in it.

• hp169
    Beginner February 2011
    hp169 ·
    • Hide content

Ive decided to get him a driving experience for 4 supercars. If anyone is interested lastminute.com have seems to be the cheapest in general and they have an extra 25% off atm so it was £129 to drive 4 different cars which i thought was good Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner April 2011
    arnold2b ·
    • Hide content

Well i havent managed to save much money, and I have no idea what he will get me, but ever since we got engaged he has been dropping huuuuuuge hints about an expensive watch he wants, so I will have to see what I can do! I think cuff links for him to wear on the day are a nice idea.

I dont know whether to engrave the watch or not, just incase he doesnt like the watch?

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

My H2B bought a titanium wedding ring and so we can't easily get it engraved He doesn't know it but I've bought him a sterling silver chain and dog tag style pendant whic I will get engraved with the same message that i'll get engraved in my ring.

It's this one:

http://www.hotdiamonds.co.uk/products/slice-silver-pendant

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics