Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner January 1999

Bride-only wedding ring ceremony

friskyfox88, 25 of January of 2015 at 16:59 Posted on Planning 0 4

So I realise that men having wedding rings is a relatively modern practice and that ceremony's would traditionally have been built around the bride only receiving a ring, but I was wondering what happens in this case?

My H2B isn't having a ring and I was wondering how the vows would go? Would he say the "I give you this ring..." speech and I just say the "I promise to..." speech?

4 replies

Latest activity by friskyfox88, 25 of January of 2015 at 18:15
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I've photographed ceremonies where there's only one ring. You hardly notice any difference really. In fact, some vicars/registrars do both rings at the same time (in a two ring ceremony)

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I was MOH recently and only the bride had a ring. He said the I give you this ring bit, and then she said I accept this ring as a sign of etc, it was a lovely way of doing it

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Just out of curiosity, why do some men chose not to have a ring?

• F
    Beginner January 1999
    friskyfox88 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies everyone, yes I'm sure the registrar will be able to talk us through it and MrsShep I really like the sound of that!

Re men who don't choose to wear a ring I suppose they each have their own reasons. For my H2B it's down to the fact that he's never worn jewellery or a watch and also works in a job where he would have to take it off. He tried some on and didn't like the look or feel. Like when I tried on a veil I suppose.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics