Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious October 2020

Brides in Scotland - 2021 weddings

SunnyRedDecor92142, 8 of March of 2021 at 17:38 Posted on Planning 0 5
Hi everyone

I'm just curious what brides in Scotland are thinking about their 2021 wedding date? Are people holding out to see what changes after lockdown or are you planning to postpone?

We've changed our date once already. Our new date was meant to be in April but we'll still be in lockdown so we're not going ahead. We're really not sure what to do next tbh.

5 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 15:17
  • F
    Curious September 2021 Argyll
    Farmerswifetobe ·
    • Hide content
    Hey! First of all, I’m really sorry you’ve had to change already and now are looking at another new date, it’s so rubbish. Personally, I feel really disappointed that the guidance in Scotland basically stood at 26th April. I know that the English dates might end up changing, but at least people there know what is hoped for!!

We are due to get married on 4th September, so holding out till the announcement next week on the roadmap out of lockdown to see what is said. I’m really worried that it won’t include weddings or will be super vague, but hoping it’s enough to let us make a decision one way or another. I’m a wee bit worried because Nicola Sturgeon has been quoted saying that weddings aren’t a priority...I do feel like if she’s saying the Euros can hopefully go ahead in June, that weddings with reasonable numbers will be allowed then too...fingers crossed!!
    What are you guys thinking? Xx
  • RomanticBrownStationery29719
    Dedicated
    RomanticBrownStationery29719 ·
    • Hide content
    Hey. I was meant to be june this year but just rescheduled to april next. I think scotland will be strict till at least everyone had a first vaccine so might improve by august/September but wouldn't expect anything near normal before that. Social distancing and masks likely even if numbers/tiers improve. For summer I would plan for 20 people tbh after she made the rules for reaching tier 0 stricter....I have family in Germany and as international travel is not going to be allowed anytime soon ( nicola sturgeon said its "sacrificed" at this point to be able to open the country ) i didn't even dare to move to September. So depends what you want. If you are happy with a small ceremony and uk guests only you likely be fine by July otherwise if ould push to next year to be safe. Also be aware there is a huge number of people waiting on that announcement so there might be a reschedule rush right after it/ hard to find dates (our venue had no Saturdays left already till September next year but we were lucky and got easter Sunday). So maybe just get possible new dates before so you can check with vendors and make a quick decision when the time comes... Hope whatever you decide that you end up with a lovely wedding.
  • S
    Curious October 2020
    SunnyRedDecor92142 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's good your dates in September so it's still a while away and hopefully time for restrictions to ease.

Fingers crossed the roadmap gives us all a bit more to go on. Knowing the numbers at each stage would be a massive help and make it easier to decide what to do.
    We're undecided whether to try for later this year or go with next year to be on the safe side. We've been in touch with our venue to find out availability so just waiting to hear back.
    It's not been the best experience planning a wedding with all thing going on but I'm sure we'll all have a great day when it comes!

• S
    Curious October 2020
    SunnyRedDecor92142 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks.

Yeah I agree, don't see much changing in terms of numbers until after everyone's had the first dose of the vaccine.
    We were worried about lots of people trying to reschedule after the announcement so we've already been in touch with our venue, and then we can contact other suppliers too.
    Sounds like you've done the best thing if you have family coming from abroad. And knowing you've secured a date for next year must be a relief!
    Hope you have a great day when it comes.
  • RomanticBrownStationery29719
    Dedicated
    RomanticBrownStationery29719 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hope you have a great day too. And yes we are super relieved and managed to keep all but 1 supplier so only lost 50 pounds in deposits.... which is so much better than we though. All the best to you hope it works out either way ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics