Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Brides maid dress for a grown up 13 year old?!

31 March, 2012 at 18:02 Posted on Planning 0 18

Hi all been looking at bridesmaids dress ideas, my younger bridesmaids are easy as 4 of them be 5 and under so easy flower girl dresses but then I have my niece who will be 9 who is bit old for flower girl dress but to young for some dresses then I have my niece who will be 13 but is very grown up for her age so again some dresses too young for her but some are showing just bit too old for her!!

Theme is black and white and one have any pics and ideas please?! Xx

18 replies

Latest activity by Teal, 1 April, 2012 at 22:32
  • hopkins78
    Beginner November 2011
    hopkins78 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I had a wide range of ages (4, 13 & 36!) as and you said the FG bit is easy. However the 13 yr old wanted a 'grown up' dress to match my MOH so we had a bit of a dilemma. We decided on them being in matching dresses but the 13r old had spaghetti straps added (most dresses allow for this option). She looked grown up (but not old before her years) and felt it so every one was happy! Could you maybe do something similar with your 9 and 13 yr olds?

• C
    Beginner June 2013
    Cupcakebeaubride ·
    • Hide content

Hi.. My sister had 7 bridesmaids all of which were ages 24-29 except for my cousin who was only 11... We all wore exactly the same dress by Alfred Angelo including my cousin. The dresses they do for younger just have a slightly higher neckline so nothing is on show. They were little spaghetti strap dresses (you can see the dresses in for sale section) and they were full length so looked elegant on everyone and kept everything covered for my cousin x

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Both my daughters will be bridesmaids, one will be 8 when we get married and the other 14, so this is a problem I'm going to come across as well.I don't really like the idea of them all in the same dress because of the different ages and I wont them to look individual, so I'm hoping that my MOH and the girls dresses will be in matching fabric and colour so hopefully they can all pick a different style that is suitable for their age but they will still be similar enough to look like a group ( hoping this makes sense !) . This is the plan in theory at least ?

L x

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it is too old for a 13 yo no...is it the kind of style she would like ?

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Lol it does make sense yes . I only ask because my 13 yo is a drama queen and loves all things glitter and bling !! ( doesn't take after her tomboyish mum obviously !) and the sort of thing she has been looking at is puff ball dresses with diamanté details ( dress shopping will be a nightmare 1 lol ), so its important your bridesmaid feels comfortable in it so she feels confident.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

BHS have a teenage bridesmaid range, but nothing in black. This is from their teen prom range. I'd add straps &/or a bolero jacket to the strapless dresses. Obvioulsy depending how big she is, smaller sizes in womens dresses should fit.

http://ww

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010613360_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EWomen%7EOccasion+%26amp%3B+evening+wear

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010530460_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EWomen%7EOccasion+%26amp%3B+evening+wear

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_120010668060_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EWomen%7EOccasion+%26amp%3B+evening+wear

w.bhs.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/bhsstore/108676/248573

• SR
    Beginner June 2013
    SR ·
    • Hide content

My youngest bm will be 13 at the wedding (having 2 of my sisters) they are both wearing a one sholder long grecian style dress a bit like the maxi one posted. It looked great on both of them, she is very grown up and looks a lot older than she is. The most important things was she was comfortable in it and it looked right. However, we would have added spagetti straps if we had chosen a strapless dress. Also, dresses that were fussy on top regarding the strap or halternecks, dis not work and were ar too grown up for her. The best thing is to go to a bridal shop and get her to try on as many different styles as you can.

• SR
    Beginner June 2013
    SR ·
    • Hide content

That's lovely! I think it will be fine, my sister looked great in a short dress too and the length on this one seems fine and she's not showing anything on top so I think it will look nice. You'll just have to see what she looks like.

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

Im too having wondering about this for my 13 year old cousin, but shes so grown up its untrue! Kids nowadays want to grow up far too quickly!! She has more make up than me! :o Anyway when we went trying for colours she wanted to be the same as my other adult bridesmaid but with the dresses im going for im hoping it looks ok on her. Shes so tall for her age, with both her mum and dad being very tall.Looking for a maxi type dress. xx

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

There is also this one from debenhams. Fits the colour scheme, but not sure if its a bit too old for 13? Def with straps or a little jacket.

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010620060_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EWomen%7EDresses

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics