Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Louise
Savvy September 2021 Cheshire

Bride's shoes

Louise, 7 of February of 2021 at 22:32 Posted on Planning 0 19
Just wondering where people have got their shoes from? I'm getting married in September so will have first dress fitting in June. I'd like to have my shoes sorted well before then so I can wear them round the house (as I'm working from home) to wear them in a bit. I've found some I like online, but struggling to work out whether I'll have to pay for both delivery and return if they are not right. I really don't want to end up buying loads of different pairs! Any help appreciated!

19 replies

Latest activity by Emily, 10 of July of 2023 at 20:33
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I got mine from Harriet Wilde. They are gorgeous- getting them dyed blush to match my grooms tie
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Mine are from Charlotte Mills. I love them because they are a big block heel and fit my wide feet.
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    These are mine - they will be dying blush. FYI for all brides they are giving free sole messages as well.

So comfy. They should be back with me in March ????Bride's shoes 1

• H
    Savvy
    HappyBrownCars12359 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Paradox London via Debenhams, they are a gold sparkly sandal with a chunky heel. I also had to try a few pairs at home, so tried to find some with free delivery / returns or with promocodes to help make up for postage costs!

Depends what you want - I knew I wanted just a sparkly gold sandal with a block heel that would be comfy and I would wear again rather than white / ivory shoes. Another friend just had some nude sandals from New Look and they were fab! For me, they won't be really visible under my dress and I'm not that fussy about designer shoes - but am still really happy with what I chose.

So stick with your gut rather than what you feel you should have- and definitely look for easy returns and free postage!

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 Online ·
    • Hide content

I wanted something I could wear again, so I mail ordered a few from a high street chain that did free returns and sent back the ones that didn't fit.

• Louise
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I'll take a look at this one. ?
  • Louise
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank, I'll take a look. Hoping to get something comfy enough to wear all day!
  • Louise
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, I'm thinking of something different to what I'd normally wear. For work I normally wear ballet pumps but I enjoy wearing heels. Thing is that my fiancé is the same height as me so don't want anything too high!
  • Jazzystars86
    Beginner June 2021 West Sussex
    Jazzystars86 ·
    • Hide content
    I got mine from Rachel Simpson - gorgeous style and very comfortable. They have kitten heel options, which work best for me as high heels are uncomfortable (and would make me taller than my fiancè!) and I want to wear them throughout the day.
  • S
    Beginner August 2021 North West London
    Swoonbabystarryeyes ·
    • Hide content

Mine are Ruby Shoo - managed to get a bargain on ebay! They're like Irregular Choice but a lot more chill...

• HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Louise

Debenhams have got a sale on, even some of the Pink Paradox London brand are reduced!

Hope this helps

Ali xx

• Louise
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I have ordered some now, I wanted something that was "different" but not too crazy. I think these fit the bill! I am not used to thin heels so these will hopefully be perfect as we are supposed to be having the ceremony outside so I don't want to sink in the grass! Bride's shoes 2

• Anita
    Savvy September 2021 Surrey
    Anita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YESSS! I was just going to recommend Charlotte Mills. A bit pricey, but honestly SO SO gorgeous - and because I have wide feet, they were the clear winners in my book! They mainly offer a normal fit range of shoes, but offer wide fit as well in certain styles. Definitely worth checking out!

• DDsgettingmarried!
    Curious September 2021 Kent
    DDsgettingmarried! ·
    • Hide content

Another September bride! Mine are Rainbow Club, bought in the sale at House of Fraser and I’ve added a shoe clip to make them a little more personalised..

I did purchase quite few different ones and most places do free returns, so it’s easy to try and return, just pay attention to the return date.

• S
    Savvy January 2023 East London
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content

At risk of looking like Lily Allen 2005 Trainers of any sort. I wanna be able to stomp about, dance all night long and my body language to read comfortable and confident the whole day. I'm tall though so heels also result in bumped heads etc

• L
    Savvy June 2021 Mid Glamorgan
    Lovestoned21 ·
    • Hide content
    I really struggled with looking for wedding shoes! I loved the Charlotte Mills range, especially as they do vegan ones (leather wasn't an option for me) but they were pricey. In the end though I thought well it's a special day, so I bought the George shoes, which have a stylish block heel. I'd wear them again as well!
  • E
    Beginner June 2025 East Sussex
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hiya. Did you go for the wide foot style or size up. I love a style but doesn’t come in a wide style. Am sometimes a wide foot and sometimes not

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics