Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria

Brides speech & pictures!

Shay, 10 of December of 2023 at 21:42 Posted on Planning 0 5
I’m going to do a speech on our wedding day! No one knows except my fiance! He knows what I’ll be covering but not what I’m saying! Does anyone have any tips on how to get my speech across? It will be a little humorous, emotional and with alot of love! I cringe at myself on camera but that part isn’t worth thinking about on our special day! On another note, A picture list! We are a very relaxed couple who don’t take pictures often! We should as we make the most amazing memories. The usual family pictures but not sure if there’s something we aren’t thinking about! Did anyone capture an amazing picture that everyone should get? So far we have…

Getting ready, groom/groomsmen at the church, aisle, first kiss, both sets of families, the wedding party. Not bothered about the dress hanging and the rings but again will we regret little things like that if we don’t? Thank you.

5 replies

Latest activity by Shay, 20 of December of 2023 at 20:17
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Dress hanging and shoes/ other details are simple for a photographer to get shots of so may as well while they are there. Better to have them than not.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If your photographer is any good, then he/she should already have a checklist of standard key shots such as you mention. I would focus on thinking about the things that they might miss because they don't realise they are there, e.g. non-standard friendship/family groupings or tiny details that could easily be overlooked.

For example, at our wedding, the things we flagged up to our photographer were: the minister and pianist were both personal friends, not just people 'booked' for the day, so it was important they featured well in our photos; I had a tiny bouquet charm with a picture of my deceased father and some of his handwriting engraved on it which I wanted featured, and one of our guests has been like a second mother to me, so it was also important we had a photo with her on her own.

• S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you both for your replies! Yes. That’s what I mean. I know the with mum, with bridesmaids etc but little sentimental moments. Thank you!
  • I
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

You can always head over to Pinterest for wedding photo ideas, there are loads. Also when choosing a photographer (something that I did), definitely check their work from multiple weddings so you know what to expect, and if you like certain photos and would want the same on your wedding day maybe go with that photographer. They are usually experts and will give you suggestions on poses and all that. Hope that helps and happy planning!

• S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi! Yes! That’s exactly what we did! We originally wanted another man who was fully booked and we seen that he always worked with the one we booked now and their pictures are almost exactly the same. Exactly what we wanted. We were so glad in the end as they are amazing and we have connected with them very well! Thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics