Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2023 Kent

Bridesmaid

Anna, 7 of January of 2023 at 07:58 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 10
I am really struggling with finding bridesmaid dresses that aren't expensive. Is it wrong to ask the Bridemaids to pay for the dresses?

10 replies

Latest activity by Kerri Risbey, 19 of January of 2023 at 09:54
  • S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I know of someone who asked her bridesmaids to buy their dresses, but allowed them to choose their own. She just told them the colour. That then let them have freedom over how much they wanted to spend, and could buy something they’d wear again.

If you’re telling them which dress to buy, I think it’s unreasonable to ask them to pay. That’s my opinion though, and I know in some places it’s quite common for bridesmaids to pay.

Out of interest, how much would you want to spend if you did buy them yourself? People on here might have suggestions of places to get them.

• A
    Beginner July 2023 Kent
    Anna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is my problem. I don't want expensive dresses around the £50 - £70 Mark but honestly I am struggling
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I got mine from JJs House and they were £80 each - have a look there as they have a huge range. Mine are not the most expensive but they’re definitely not the cheapest on there either.

A site like that has loads of styles, and you can order different styles in the same colour. You could maybe say to your bridesmaids that you want them all to wear a specific colour, but you’d like them to pay for their own so they can choose which style? Maybe out of a shortlist you pick?

• A
    Beginner July 2023 Kent
    Anna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's amazing thankyou. I saw the website but wasn't sure if it was good quality but I'll have a look and get the girls to look get choose some dresses.
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine haven’t arrived yet but my sister got hers from there and they were lovely, we had a lot of compliments on them. Order swatches first so you get a better idea of colours and the materials they’re made from.

• Dominique
    Beginner March 2023 East Central London
    Dominique ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids bought their own dresses. I told them it had to be purple, and gave them the palette of all the shades of purple they could go for. One is wearing a lavender jumpsuit which I love! I think if you have them buy their own you should let them pick what they want.

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Not at all, I paid for mine and my hair and make up when I was a bridesmaid for my best friend and I really didn’t mind. I am paying for my bridesmaids dresses but they are going to pay their hair and make up. I haven’t actually asked them yet to be my bridesmaids, but we have all spoke as a whole that’s what I would like. Give them your colour palette and let them choose their style, I am sure they’ll still ask you for your input.
  • H
    Beginner September 2023 Leicestershire
    Helen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the recommendation for JJ’s house , I have been looking and couldn’t find any I liked but this site has a massive selection, have you bought yours from there ?
  • S
    Beginner October 1978
    SdvillPak ·
    • Hide content
    Trifluoromethyl pyridazine kupite online v internet-magazine chimmed Tegs: tetrafluorophenol, 97% kupite online v internet-magazine chimmed https://chimmed.ru/products/2356-tetrafluorophenol-97--id=4883185 amino-3-4-hydroxyphenyl propanoic acid 95% kupite online v internet-magazine chimmed bromo-3-methylpyridine-5-boronic acid, 97% kupite online v internet-magazine chimmed asr anti-pi3 kinase p85, n-sh3 clone ab6 asr kupite online v internet-magazine chimmed
  • Kerri Risbey
    Curious August 2023 Gloucestershire
    Kerri Risbey ·
    • Hide content

Have a look on next! https://www.next.co.uk/shop/gender-women-category-dresses/use-bridesmaid?dp=a&dndl=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA8aOeBhCWARIsANRFrQEVJPW6ZLq1scBOegUUK3cNZVIqEzByx9hNCZ0e29fhmIqN4BItoIEaAjtIEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&p=2#2027

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics