Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2024 Cornwall

Bridesmaid

Jrl, 18 of June of 2024 at 12:12 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hi,
I've posted before about one of my bridesmaids.
She hasn't responded to any messages in the group chat since December. Now we're only 2 months away from the wedding, she hasn't answered me if she can do the date for alterations, I've asked her 4 times now, hasn't sent her passport for check in for the hen do which I've also asked for numerous times and so has my other bridesmaids. Quite a few other things she hasn't answered me either.I messaged about 3 weeks ago because she hasn't rsvp'd and she hasn't even read the messages. She isn't coming in my UK hen do because she ignored all messages from my other bridesmaids.I just don't know what else I can say or do, any advice is appreciated 🙂

4 replies

Latest activity by Ivana, yesterday at 10:51
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Have you heard from her about non-wedding stuff or has there been total silence? Is there any way you can call her to find out what's going on? If she hasn't responded at all in nearly six months, then it sounds like you are going to have to drop her from the wedding party. But if she's a close friend (and I'm assuming she is, to have been asked to be bridesmaid) then I would want to speak to her in person first - she may be going through something (mental or physical illness, relationship breakdown etc) that is so overwhelming for her that she is not able to make the effort to get in touch. If she is (or has been) a good friend, I would make the effort to find out if something's wrong before just dropping her.

• S
    Dedicated March 2024 Hertfordshire
    SunnyPurpleFlowers85794 ·
    • Hide content
    I agree with the above, ask her if there’s something personal going on or something she’s not telling you. If there’s not say that you’ve been hurt by her lack of communication toward you and you’re going to ask her not to come as a bridesmaid on the wedding day. I would also say that unless she gets back to you within 3 days you’ll assume she’s not coming to the wedding either. I don’t know how she can expect to be a part of the day and continue with complete silence. And regardless who it is, you have to rsvp to an event or you can say that you’re sad she won’t be coming because she hasn’t rsvp’d.
  • S
    Dedicated March 2024 Hertfordshire
    SunnyPurpleFlowers85794 ·
    • Hide content
    I agree with the above, ask her if there’s something personal going on or something she’s not telling you. If there’s not say that you’ve been hurt by her lack of communication toward you and you’re going to ask her not to come as a bridesmaid on the wedding day. I would also say that unless she gets back to you within 3 days you’ll assume she’s not coming to the wedding either. I don’t know how she can expect to be a part of the day and continue with complete silence. And regardless who it is, you have to rsvp to an event or you can say that you’re sad she won’t be coming because she hasn’t rsvp’d.
  • Ivana
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

She's not coming clearly. She is avoiding you for a reason, maybe she got offended or something. Is she picking up your calls or avoiding them also? Try and reach out to her again and ask her to speak about it. If she continues to have no communication with you you will have to take her off as a bridesmaid and possibly the wedding if she has not RSVP'd yet? why would you want to have someone as a bridesmaid if they refuse to have any form of communication with you. I know it can be a bit harsh but you have million other things to worry about, bridesmaids are supposed to be there to help you and not to cause you more drama!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics