Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner November 2023 Northamptonshire

Bridesmaid and made of honour

Lovelove, 22 of September of 2022 at 22:29 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hey all.
So I’ve recently got engaged 2 weeks ago, it was very much as a shock and I’m still processing it as I actually really wanted to get married to my partner for the last 5 years but never thought the day would come.
Soo I’ve kinda felt a little bit on a downer and I am wondering why I feel like this when it’s all I’ve wanted for ages. I think it comes to the idea that there’s so much involved in planning a wedding and I don’t have a clue where to start. I also have a 5 really close friends. Out of then friends 4 of them I’m really close with and 2 out of the 4 are like my best friends. So I actually been getting a lot of pressure recently from one of my friends (one of the best friend) that they feel they should be maid of honour. I’m completely torn they have from the moment I’ve got engaged wanted to celebrate, go to go wedding fairs all of these things I want to do but my other best friend has just had a baby so not able to get on this band wagon. I just am so worried I’m going to upset someone I’m not even sure what I want. If there’s any advice anyone can help me with that I’d be so greatful. I don’t feel I can ask anyone for advice.

3 replies

Latest activity by Leah, 23 of September of 2022 at 10:56
  • Ellen91
    Dedicated October 2023 West London
    Ellen91 ·
    • Hide content
    Could you have 2 MOH’s? Then both your best friends could split the role? My friend is doing this with hers as she couldn’t decide. Or alternatively, you could decide not to have a MOH? I couldn’t decide between my friends for the MOH so I picked my sister!

Try not to get too stressed out with the wedding. If you want, you could discuss this issue with your best friends and get their thoughts? I have had to navigate some awkward conversations and just found it easier to discuss it politely with those involved. I am wishing you all the best! X
  • Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

My partner felt exactly the same about picking his best man, he has 2 friends who hes super close to and couldn't decide between them so he asked them both. They were both over the moon and are now coordinating their strengths to make one super best man! One is more fun so he's going to plan the stag do and then the other has known my partner since he was 5 so he's going to do the speech about them growing up etc. Weddings don't have to have rules, you can easily have both xx

• Leah
    Beginner November 2023 Cumbria
    Leah ·
    • Hide content

Please try not let the idea of upsetting others ruin your experience of planning your wedding. I was exactly the same at the start and realised you can't please everyone.

If your really stressed about choosing a maid of honour, why not just not have one and just have bridesmaids. I think we get so wrapped up in the titles and labels, but from my experience my maid of honour and my bridesmaid have been involved in equal amounts and are planning things like my hen do together, so the title doesn't even really matter!
    I would say if you only got engaged two weeks ago.. enjoy this time! Enjoy the engagement and don't worry about making decisions so quickly. There is plenty of time to plan and make decisions, so enjoy the engagement bubble as much as possible before you start your planning Smiley smile Smiley ring

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics